Virtual Systems Engineering (VSE)
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
The Virtual Systems Engineering (VSE) Team supports the day to day activity of our Virtual Sales Account Managers (VSAM) and Internal Distribution Partner Account Managers (IDPAM) to drive ownership of sales within a territory, including opportunities, Partners, and Customer accounts.
· Conduct technical meetings with focus Resellers/Partners and potential customers to highlight Extreme Networks, products, solutions and cloud Architectures.
· Provide pre-sales technical support to Extreme Networks Inside Sales representatives, prospects and new customers, in order to positively influence sales within the DACH Market Region
· Deliver technical/sales presentations and demonstrating how our solutions will meet customer needs, cost reductions and operation improvements.
· Assist with proof of concepts and highlight Extreme`s capabilities and advantages.
· Assist field sales teams ( Account execs and Systems engineers) with information and overall sales efforts.
· Respond Internal and external communications proactively according to the established internally-agreed SLAs.
· Assist if needed, resellers/partners to perform technical design of Networking solutions for customers. Recommend the best technical solution for a given scenario, in order to provide high quality products and services to Extreme`s customer base both existing and new.
· Support educational efforts (both in-classroom and remote via Webinars) targeted to maintain a high degree of knowledge with Inside sales representatives as well as partners/resellers.
· Work with Corporate and Field Marketing teams, to align on corporate initiatives that are impacting regional sales processes.
· Participate and be part of the feedback process to Research and Development, on information that flows from customers, partners and distributors, regarding potential improvements in Extreme Networks product lines.
· Be part of the internal engineering communities (email, Teams , Forums) and assist others within the region, in order to make Extreme Networks efficient and better.
· Take internal or external training as needed (including self-training modules) in order to keep product knowledge at the best possible, and be an expert resource for resellers, partners, distributors and other peers.
· Collaboratively work with peers within International Markets, in order to work on initiatives specific to the EMEA/APJC market, which can help to give better service to our customers, partners and the Extreme Networks community in general.
· Provide feedback to sales stakeholders from the customer and partner/reseller technical sides in order to improve sales approach and strategy.
· Good understanding of Network and Cloud technologies such as Routing, Switching and Wireless, AWS, GCP and Azure
· Fluent German + English speaking
· Team player mentality
· Being able to work outside normal 9-5 working hours
· Bachelor / Engineering degree on Computer Science, Electronics or Telecommunications or equivalent experience
At Extreme, we value your contribution
· Training resources: you will have various resources to choose from for your technical & personal development
· Technical equipment and work resources: you will be staffed with newest top technology and any equipment needed for feeling comfortable at your workplace
· Direct participation at company’s success: aside commission earnings, you can voluntarily enroll to our subsidized Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Flex First: our flexible work model is engrafted into our culture as we endeavor to have a global workforce that is seamlessly connected no matter where we are
· Recreation time matters: our working time model gives you major flexibility on taking time off when you need it – in addition to your 30 vacation days a year (considering a 5-day-work-week)
· Employee Assistance: we provide you with lots of programs and activities, but also individual support as desired
· On top insurances: you will be enrolled to our insurances on Business Travel, Pension Scheme and Life & Occupational Disability
And so much more…
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.