SR QA SW ENGINEER- 8358- Layer2/Layer3 Testing
Chennai, India /
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Individual Contributor in SQA role in Sustenance team. This would require the individual to do the following:
- Work with TAC to analyze and replicate customer issues reported in various functional areas of the product.
- Work with Development team members of the sustenance team to replicate customer issues and provide analysis and workaround for the problems.
- Work with mainline development/SQA team members to analyze/replicate customer issues in the product.
- Work with the team to set up and maintain the lab for the team’s usage.
- Be flexible and available remotely or by phone or by the presence at the office (whichever best suits the situation and the team) to extend help for escalations during holidays or off working hours.
- Be available to work/own small features, if time permits.
- Be available for occasional travel to customer sites for debugging/assistance for customer escalations, if required.
· Hands-on working experience in at least one of the below-mentioned areas.
· Not more than 1 transition of the company in 3 years.
Excellent Knowledge / Experience in as many of the following areas:
Ø Real-time embedded platform bring up testing.
Ø Testing of 10/100/1000 and 10G Ethernet interfaces.
Ø Bridging/Spanning Tree, VLANs (all types), QoS (classification, modification, and policing), IEEE 802.1P, Access Control, Link aggregation, Mirroring, IGMP Snooping, and TCP/IP
Ø Unicast and Multicast IPv4/IPv6 protocols and applications - OSPF, VRRP, IGMP, PIM, DVMRP, BGP
Ø MPLS based protocols/applications
Ø Traffic redirection based on L4/L7 port information (TCP, UDP, HTTP etc) or IP address range-both source/destination,
Ø NAT, Server Load balancing
Ø Network Security and Management features – 802.1x, DHCP, AAA, IP sec, Firewalls, SSL, SNMP MIB Testing
Ø Python programming/scripting.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.