Senior Vertical Solutions Marketing Manager
Utah, United States /
Products – Product Management /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Extreme Networks uses cloud management and artificial intelligence to radically simplify and secure IT network. Our wireless, switching, routing, and security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify access network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users.
In this position, you’ll support our growth across different vertical industries by applying knowledge of market trends, buyer personas and products. You’ll work across our partners in Sales, Channel and Revenue Marketing, Product Management and Product Marketing to ensure a comprehensive industry plan is established and acted upon. You’ll also document and help tell a story of value proposition and solution fit against the industry’s needs across the globe. And you’ll identify opportunities and support business case development to help our products evolve to meet the most important industry challenges.
· Develop, manage and advocate the industry value proposition
o Own the value proposition, personas and ideal customer profile, messaging and storybook for the respective vertical industries and advocate the industries’ needs across our organization
· Support industry product sales and market penetration programs
o Develop and drive a cross-functional industry-specific go to market plan to support sales, build awareness/visibility, capitalize on relevant opportunities, competitive plays and industry trends
o Maintain dashboard of sales progress and awareness of reasons for win/loss for products across the vertical and prepare updates for leadership regarding performance
o Support channel and sales partners at applicable events or meetings
· Identify and drive the collective Go To Market initiatives across sales and marketing
o Identify relevant marketplace conversations that represent opportunities for our products and solutions to be included in, and work through marketing teams to ensure participation through social media, content marketing or industry/analyst discussions.
o Establish or ensure development for applicable support tools such as presentations, battle cards, websites, and product reference materials and proposal response resources that help sellers
o Support conversations with or represent Extreme with industry analysts or external facing audiences and build relationships with desirable partners
· Support product enhancement and development needs that drive competitiveness in the industry
o Work with regional partners to ensure a global lens is applied to market and product requirements.
o Maintain an industry-specific product enhancements and requirements database, prioritize requirements and support business cases to product management and product line marketing to justify enhancements
- · 5-7 years related experience in a product / segment marketing, product management, product owner or industry sales manager related role
- · Experience creating messaging, value propositions, business cases and launching products or services for B2B audiences
- · Demonstrated knowledge of purchase drivers or industry trends associated with Information Technology in one or more industries: Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, SLED, and Sports & Entertainment
- · Knowledge of networking and data communications systems or services, such as wired or wireless networking, IoT, cloud, data center or security technologies
- · Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal, and mastery of PowerPoint and proficient with other Microsoft Word and Excel
- · Creative and competitive problem solver who is self-starting yet knows how to both assemble and work through teams
- · Capable of understanding a broad range of networking technology products and how they can be combined to solve needs
- · Strong project management skills
- · Effective team leadership skills, ability to organize and inspire resources to solve problems
- · Highly fluent in English
- · Bachelor’s degree; MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- · Position is 100% remote
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.