Senior Software Systems Engineer 8479 (embedded software development, 802.11 WLAN protocols, network technology, Wi-Fi /TCP&IP stack/L2 Switching/L3 Routing)
Toronto, Canada /
Products – Software Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Wireless LAN Engineer: - Software Developer As a skilled Wireless LAN software developer, you will become an integral part of a team involved in the design and development of leading-edge Wi-Fi solutions. You will be involved with the design and development of IP and data communications aspects of the solution. Role description: - Will participate in complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of software. - Will support the development of software test requirements for complex modules under development, and execute complex test specifications. - Will be providing estimates for complex modules under development, and estimate own work. - Will support the reviewing of standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements. - Will provide support with the software quality process through the execution of the component module, subsystem and system test procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Design and develop software on Access point for our market verticals
· Contribute to functional specifications and product definitions
· Design/Develop software independently and rapidly in an Agile environment
· Develop unit test strategy/programs for software that you develop
· Strong desire to learn new tools and technology is an absolute must
Skills and Experience
· Bachelor's or graduate degree in computer science or engineering.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· 5+ years of experience in embedded software development.
· Experience with Wireless networks products.
· Good knowledge of 802.11 WLAN protocols, network technology, Wi-Fi /TCP&IP stack/L2 Switching/L3 Routing etc.
· In-depth understanding of Linux operating systems and embedded software development
· Expert programming knowledge in C/C+.
· Ability to be productive in a flexible and dynamic work environment.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
· Experience with Agile development process
Automated testing using Pytest
· 802.11 WLAN protocols.
· Network technology, TCP&IP stack/L2 Switching/L3 Routing etc.
· Expert programming knowledge in C/C+.
· A quick learner with excellent communication skills
· Tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
· Highly productive with minimal supervision
· Eager to learn and adopt the latest technologies and best practices in your field.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.