Director of Federal Sales
Maryland, United States /
Sales – Sales /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF SALES - FEDERAL
The Senior Director of Sales- Federal will report to the Chief Revenue and Services Officer. The Senior Sales Director – Federal is responsible for working across the Federal vertical to define key sales opportunities and managing a high performing sales team.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND OVERALL OBJECTIVES
· Overall objective is to drive sales of Extreme's products, services and solutions to Federal customers in the region.
· Assess, build and develop individual and team capability, ready to scale in support of Extreme's accelerated growth.
· Lead a team of Account Managers and extended team of Partner Account Managers and Systems Engineering counterparts to drive and support Extreme's business within the assigned geography.
· Apply both tactical and strategic go to market models aimed at growing the customer base both in the short and long terms to drive higher revenues, customer growth and customer retention
· Develop territory plans and quota assignment for assigned Federal geographic areas
· Model the "Extreme Way" as a key leader of the company
· Work with team to develop and build a pipeline of opportunities
· Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual sales achievement
· Ensure that team is focused on selling based on value to customer, features, and function
· Represent Extreme at appropriate customer forums or at Executive Briefing visits
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS AND DEPENDENCIES
· Chief Revenue and Services Officer
· Peer to RSDs to share best practices and resolve issues
· Extreme Business (Product) Group executives to stay plugged into product roadmaps and be able to leverage them or their teams in support of key sales opportunities
· Support Functions for strategic and operational support
· Regional channel partners as source for both selling and deploying Extreme's products and solutions
· Global and Named account senior leaders/decision makers to build the relationships that allow the team to articulate Extreme's value proposition and brand
· Sales Achievement
· Manages customer satisfaction, is personally and ensures team is responsive to customer needs, quickly and thoroughly attends to escalations
· Accountable for developing and managing within budget
· Accountable for effective utilization and development of assigned staff, including succession plan
· Accountable for developing three year, one year and quarterly plans
· Retention and development of key talent
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
· Sales achievement to plan
· Accurate forecasting
· Deal size
· Sales cycle time, lead to closure
· Executive briefing visits hosted by region
· Quickly and thoroughly attend to escalations
· Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
· Works well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of company. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
· Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions
· Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
· Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
· Applicants must have BA/BS degree from four-year College or university, MBA Preferred.
· Minimum 10 years experience managing regional sales teams focusing on major accounts.
· Strong candidates will possess a background in a networking sales environment.
· Must be able to relate to all levels of management and employees with ease and enthusiasm.
· Excellent oral/written communications skills are necessary.
· Understand the business acumen necessary to sell in the enterprise network space
· Excellent presentation skills
· Ability to interact with and deliver solutions to an executive audience
· Customer identification, business analysis and research to uncover product purchase motivators
· Ability to position Extreme products correctly and provide customer with a complete technological advancement story that solves specific business problems with a quantifiable result
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.