Director of Product Management-8469
California, United States /
Products – Product Management /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
We are looking for a collaborative, enthusiastic and innovative leader to step into the critical role of Director of Product Management for Extreme Cloud to join the team. Reporting to the Vice President of Product Management, you will lead a team of product managers who are driving industry’s leading cloud networking SaaS solution, ExtremeCloud™ IQ and redefining network management experience. This role requires domain knowledge of enterprise networking and cloud-based technologies to execute our vision for 1 Cloud in the Infinite Enterprise.
This is an exciting position whose mission includes bringing leadership, vision, and best-in-class cloud networking solution to the market. You will be the focal point for the enterprise portfolio to define the roadmap driving the experience for both, Web, and Mobile products for cloud-based network management, creating a key differentiator which customers will love and what will pave the path for winning in the marketplace. You will work in a fast-paced environment collaborating with cross functional leaders across product management, product marketing, customer experience and user research team and driving requirements with the engineering team to define an executable plan.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Leading a team of product managers who are driving Extreme Cloud portfolio
· Defining and executing roadmap for Extreme Cloud portfolio
· Drive the experience lifecycle from vision and planning through to product delivery collaborating with other product leaders
· Collaborate with our engineering, user experience, product marketing and product leaders to craft novel approaches to new and existing use cases
· Keen empathy for the customer experience, strong design aesthetics and a compulsion to build outstanding user experiences
· Understanding Extreme Networks enterprise portfolio and its competitive differentiation
· Entrepreneurship, a "can do" demeanor, and the desire to make an impact
· Driving and helping to create data driven decisions at scale
Your background likely includes:
· Experience with cloud, enterprise networks (LAN, WLAN) and SaaS
· Leadership experience leading product management team in a fact paced environment
· 7-10 years of product management experience
· Has strong analytical skillset to influence product strategy and product roadmaps with a data driven mindset through competitive insights, experience with prioritization frameworks
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills, ability to communicate and present to leadership and customers
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams and work autonomously in a remote role with distributed teams
· Experience enabling or engaging with enterprise sales teams, channel partners and customers
· Experience in defining and driving mobile app-based products and AI/ML based services is a plus
· Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree or equivalent in engineering, or related field of study is desired
· Location – Remote (Anywhere in USA)
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.