SR SW APPLICATIONS ENGINEER - Backend Development
Bangalore, India /
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Job Description: Extreme Networks is searching for a Cloud Backend Engineer to help develop Extreme Cloud SD-WAN & SASE solution. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to contribute across the Extreme Cloud SD-WAN & SASE product stack, ranging from cloud-based microservices to on-premises virtual appliances.
You will be part of a high-performing agile scrum team that designs, implements, and tests new features and functionality of Extreme Cloud SD-WAN & SASE. Development will include innovative technologies in the fields of Cloud Management, Cluster, Security, Machine Learning. You will take new features from concept to delivery, working closely with team members and cross-functional partners to design and develop high-quality solutions that take into consideration scalability, availability, and performance. You will also actively participate in design and code reviews for the team.
Qualifications: • 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering
• Solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
• Hands on programming experience in Java, REST APIs, Spring FrameworkXML, REST, JSON
• Hands-on programming experience with RabbitMQ, Kafka, Hibernate, Postgres, Distributed Storage (Elasticsearch etc.)
• Hands-on experience working on resilient, scalable distributed systems
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
Other Desired Qualifications:
• Experience developing enterprise security/networking products
• Experience with cloud architecture and related technologies
• Familiarity with SD-WAN, SASE technologies
• Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning as it relates to networking
• Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and distributed computing.
You Will Be a Great Fit If You Are:
• A quick learner with excellent communication skills
• Tenacious in your approach to problem solving
• Highly productive with minimal supervision
• Eager to learn about and adopt the latest technologies and best practices in your field
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.