Associate Software Application Engineer (zero trust)
San Jose, California, United States /
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Associate Software Applications Engineer
Extreme Networks is searching for an Associate Software Applications Engineer to help design and develop cloud managed end-to-end security solutions for high performance hybrid networks.
Under the guidance of senior team members, you will take new features from concept to delivery. You will contribute to the design and development of industry-leading cloud native applications optimized for experience, scalability, availability, and performance. You will also actively participate in the design and code reviews for the team.
You will be part of a high-performing agile scrum team that architects, designs, implements, and tests new applications and features for the Extreme Cloud Platform. Development will include innovative technologies in the fields of Machine Learning, Network Entities Onboarding, Management, Visibility and Automation, Distributed Applications, and Data Processing.
· Hands on Programming experience in Angular, JSON, XML, REST, Bootstrap, LESS, REST APIs
· Good computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
· Experience with writing efficient and reusable UI code
· Experience with HTML5, Responsive design and Ajax
· Exposure to web standards and cross-browser compatibility
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
· Experience with the Agile development process
· Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
· Experience with GIT and GitHub
· Familiarity with cloud architecture concepts and related technologies
· Familiarity with Network & Cloud Security technologies and SASE
You Will Be a Great Fit If You Are
· A quick learner with excellent communication skills
· Tenacious in your approach to problem solving
· Highly productive with minimal supervision
· Eager to learn about and adopt the latest technologies and best practices in your field
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
Location: The position can be located at our site in south San Jose, California OR in Ireland or Toronto. We're utilizing a FlexFirst approach to hybrid work that prioritizes flexibility and employee work/life balance. We do not relocate, you'll work from current location. We will give priority consideration to qualified candidates located near the preferred offices but can remain flexible to get the specific skills needed for this team.
#LI - ME1
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.