Principal Software Engineer - Edge & Cloud Security (zero trust) - CANADA
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Principal Software Engineer, Edge & Cloud Security
Extreme Networks is searching for a Principal Software Engineer to help design and develop cloud managed end-to-end security solutions for high performance hybrid networks.
Extreme Cloud has an industry-leading and visionary approach to cloud managed networking, built from the ground up to take full advantage of Extreme’s networking, and security solutions.
As a member of the software development team, you will have the opportunity to contribute across the Extreme Cloud Platform and various applications stacks, ranging from cloud-based microservices to large scale orchestration environment.
You will be part of a high-performing agile scrum team that architects, designs, implements, and tests new features and functionality for the Extreme Cloud Platform and Zero Trust ecosystem. Development will include innovative technologies in the fields of Distributed Applications, Zero Trust Security, Machine Learning, Clustering algorithms and methods, and Data Processing. You will take new features from concept to delivery, working closely with team members and cross-functional partners to design and develop high-quality solutions optimized for scalability, availability, and performance. You will also actively participate in Architecture, design, and code reviews for the team.
- Extensive work experience in Zero Trust, Cloud Security, DevSecOps and Network security.
- Hands on programming experience in Java, Golang, Python, REST APIs, JSON
- Hands-on programming experience with Kafka, Flink, MQTT, RabbitMQ, Hibernate, Postgres, Distributed Storage (Elasticsearch etc.)
- Good understanding of Cloud Security technologies and SASE
- Solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Experience in networking, security concepts – Certificates, Proxy, Load balancing, WebSocket.
- Hands-on experience in building resilient, cloud native and scalable distributed systems
- Working knowledge of container-based architecture and deployment (Docker)
- Working experience with Jenkins and AWS Cloud services is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Experience in CI/CD practice on building large scale cloud services.
- Experience with cloud architecture and related technologies
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning as it relates to networking
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and distributed computing
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- Tenacious in your approach to problem solving
- Highly productive with minimal supervision
- Eager to learn about and adopt the latest technologies and best practices in your field
Other Desired Qualifications
You Will Be a Great Fit If You Are
Location: We're building a new team/organization - these new positions can be located at one of our existing engineering sites in TORONTO - Ontario (or San Jose, CA (USA) or Ireland).
** We're also willing to create a site in New Brunswick, Canada. Location(s) where we build/grow the team will depend on where we find senior talent - Principal or Sr. Principal Engineers **
We're utilizing a FlexFirst approach to hybrid work that prioritizes flexibility and employee work/life balance. We do not relocate, you'll work from current location. We will give priority consideration to qualified candidates located near the preferred offices but can remain flexible to get the specific skills needed for this team.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.