Staff SW Applications Engineer (8631)
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
As a Sr Embedded Software Engineer, you will join a strong team specialized in the design and development of leading-edge networking solutions. You will be responsible for designs, implementation and maintenance of components of a cloud-based network control solution that easily integrates with third party applications.
· Participate in the design, implementation, testing, maintenance, enhancement and support of software modules, with a focus on development of cloud scale infrastructure that integrates networking into domain targeted applications.
· Take ownership of software modules, provide work estimates, write all the necessary design documents and implement or enhance them.
· Write and execute the component, module, subsystem and system test procedures.
· Actively participate in the specifications and other technical documentation reviews to determine software engineering requirements.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in computer science or engineering.
- 5+ year of experience in embedded software development.
- Good knowledge of network technology, TCP&IP stack.
- Good understanding of Linux operating systems and embedded software development
- Expert in programming knowledge in C/C+.
- Experience with containers and related technologies (e.g. Docker, etc).
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to be productive in flexible and dynamic work environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Experience with Agile development process, Automated testing using Pytest
- GitHub expertise
You Will Be a Great Fit If You Are:
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- Tenacious in your approach to problem solving
- Highly productive with minimal supervision
- Eager to learn, adopt the latest technologies and best practices in your field
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.