SR SW SYSTEMS ENGINEER (8483)
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This Embedded Software Engineer (IoT) will be responsible for the design, development, debugging, integration, and testing of software applications used in support of Wireless Access Point (IoT module). The work responsibilities will include: Design software and create software design documents.
- Design software and create software design documents.
- Code, integrate and validate software for real-time embedded systems.
- Develop simulation and interfacing methodology for the testing of embedded software.
- Will work closely with multiple teams of software developers supporting R&D programs.
Skills and Experience
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 3+ years / MS 2+ years experience in real-time / embedded application software.
- 3+ years experience in C/C++ Linux Shell and Python
- 2+ years experience in Thread protocol, Matter, MQTT
- 3+ years experience in Bluetooth Low Energy product development
- 2+ years experience MCU development experience, NXP/TI chipsets are preferred
- Basic electronics knowledge and use of lab equipment is required.
- Familiar with software lifecycle development (e.g. Agile/Scrum)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Serial communications
- Multi-Thread, IPC programming experience
- Hands on experience with Flash Tools and JTAG Debugger
- Familiar with IAR, CCS, MCUXpresso IDE or SeggerEmbedded IDE
- Linux embedded software programming
- Bluetooth protocols (BLE 4.0/5.0)
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.