Staff Backend Java Developer - Cloud, US Remote
United States /
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Extreme’s Cloud Architecture team is a group of talented engineers passionate about building highly reliable, scalable, and secure solutions in public / private cloud environments. We are looking to hire a backend Software Engineer with strong working experience in cloud infrastructure design and development. You will work with the team to enhance our cloud service framework and build reliable cloud services. Extreme Networks is the right place to be and now is the right time to join us and be part of our spectacular growth and success. We're looking for the best and the brightest 'A' players who want to make a difference doing a job they love.
· Design, develop and enhance cloud-based microservice applications.
· Implement External REST API platform.
· Implement real-time event processing framework.
· Infrastructure stability & performance enhancement.
· Continuous evolve architecture as the system scale.
· Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems.
· Create and maintain Architecture, Design, Troubleshooting, Deployment, Configuration documents.
· Produce well designed, factored, and tested code.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
· 5 years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience.
· Good understanding of data structure and algorithm.
· Strong Java language skill and good coding style.
· Familiar with Spring Framework, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud.
· Hands on experience with REST API design and implementation.
· Familiar with distributed system and microservice concepts and patterns.
· Experience with at least one of SQL and no-SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Apache Ignite, Cassandra).
· Experience with at least one of messaging technologies (JMS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Pulsar).
· Comfortable working within a distributed team located in multiple time zones.
· Familiar with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
· Experience with one of cloud platform AWS, AZURE, GCP.
· Familiar with Apache Flink architecture and implementation.
· Working knowledge of container-based architecture and deployment (Docker, Kubernetes.)
· Experience driving adoption of new technology and best practices into existing complex systems.
· Experience building highly available microservices at scale.
#LI - ME1
#LI - REMOTE
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.