SW Applications Engineer (8813)
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Software Applications Engineer
We are looking for a candidate who is excited to push the boundaries of technology and can efficiently transform innovative ideas into efficient code. If you are passionate about big data, real-time performance, and network optimization, we would be excited to meet you.
· Member of high-performing agile scrum team that designs, implements, and tests new features and functionality for Extreme Cloud
· Development includes innovative technologies in NMS Cloud Management, Cluster, Security, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
· You will take new features from concept to delivery, working closely with team members and cross-functional partners to design and develop.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of a high-performing agile scrum team that designs, implements, and tests new features and functionality for ExtremeCloud - Applications; an ML/AI powered, wired, and wireless cloud digital transformation solution.
- Development will include innovative technologies in the fields of NMS Cloud Management, Cluster, Security, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Collaborate with the Core Modelling Team and other engineers to integrate machine learning models into backend systems.
- Handle big data challenges, optimizing systems for speed and scalability.
- Develop and maintain APIs, services, and systems across our backend platform.
- Develop and execute automated tests to ensure system quality, functionality, and compatibility.
- Work with Docker and Kubernetes to manage services and deploy updates.
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to align backend functionality with frontend requirements.
- Communicate progress, challenges, and needs during the integration process to the Program Manager.
- 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- Hands on programming experience in Java, Python JSON, HTML
- Experience in cloud based distributed computing and processing technologies – Kafka, RabbitMQ, NGNIX, Elasticsearch, Ignite, Spring Boot
- Experience in working with relational databases such as Postgres
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Hands on experience with Python based automation and CI/CD orchestration with Jenkins
- Solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in handling big data challenges and achieving near real-time performance.
- Proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- Familiarity with machine learning principles and applications is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and report to management.
Other desired Qualifications:
- Experience with XML, REST API, Websockets and Webhooks
- Experience with Graph Databases
- Experience with Golang
- Hands-on experience with GIT and GitHub
- Experience with cloud architecture and related technologies
- Full stack development skills and hands on Java programming experience are a plus
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and distributed computing
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning as it relates to networking
- Experience developing enterprise security/networking products
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and networking technologies
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.