Staff SW Applications Engineer (8484)
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Extreme’s Cloud Operations team is a group of talented engineers passionate about building highly reliable, scalable, and secure solutions in public/private cloud environments. We are looking to hire a highly motivated Cloud Operations engineer with strong working experience in production operation and deployment automation. You will work with the team to design, develop and implement deployment automation solutions end-to-end. You will also be expected to participate in continuous cloud service operation, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in production. We will work together to design, develop and implement the best public / private / local cloud solutions for our customers. Extreme Networks is the right place to be and now is the right time to join us and be part of our spectacular growth and success. We're looking for the best and the brightest 'A' players who want to make a difference doing a job they love.
We are looking for the following:
- Develop and apply security best practices for cloud environments.
- A background that includes managing resources in the cloud including but not limited to Kubernetes deployments, container development and management.
- Strong networking and security skills. Including Cloud experience with VPN Tunnels, Container Networking (CNI Plugins and mesh solutions like Istio), Routing, Access Controls, and Firewall implementations (Palo Alto Networks firewall experience a plus).
- Work within the cloud operations team to maintain our systems and base container images. This includes feature functionality, security, and compliance requirements.
- Has worked with ISO, SOCs and FedRAMP compliance projects a plus.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
$100,000 - $130,000 a year
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.