Principal Software Engineer - Cloud Applications (8103)
California, United States
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Extreme Networks is searching for a Principal Software Engineer to help design and develop security solutions for Extreme Cloud Platform.
Extreme Cloud is an industry-leading and visionary approach to cloud managed networking, built from the ground up to take full advantage of Extreme’s end-to-end networking, security solutions based on SD-WAN, ZTNA and SASE. Extreme Cloud Platform helps businesses build secure, high performance hybrid networks that combine Internet and MPLS, while delivering the best possible quality of experience for their cloud applications.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to contribute across the Extreme Cloud Platform and various applications stack, ranging from cloud-based microservices to large scale orchestration environment.
You will be part of a high-performing agile scrum team that architects, designs, implements, and tests new features and functionality for Extreme Cloud Platform and Cloud Security Solutions. Development will include innovative technologies in the fields of Distributed Applications, Cloud Management, Cluster, Security, Machine Learning. You will take new features from concept to delivery, working closely with team members and cross-functional partners to design and develop high-quality solutions that take into consideration scalability, availability, and performance. You will also actively participate in Architecture, design, and code reviews for the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience.
- Good understanding of data structure and algorithm.
- Strong Java language skill and good coding style.
- Familiar with Spring Framework, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud.
- Hands on experience with REST API design and implementation.
- Familiar with distributed system and microservice concepts and patterns.
- Experience with at least one of SQL and no-SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Apache Ignite, Cassandra).
- Experience with at least one of messaging technologies (JMS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Pulsar).
- Comfortable working within a distributed team located in multiple time zones.
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
- Experience with one of cloud platform AWS, AZURE, GCP.
- Container-based architecture and deployment (Docker, Kubernetes.)
- Experience driving adoption of new technology and best practices into existing complex systems.
- Building highly available microservices at scale.
$160,000 - $190,000 a year
LOCATION: Position is based in the US and not budgeted for relocation. Qualified local candidates are encouraged to apply. Time zone of most of co-workers is US West Coast.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.