Senior Product Manager
Product Managers at Exygy are focused on the project management and delivery of successful digital strategy, design, and engineering projects for our clients. They are driven by a passion for crafting products that make communities healthier and more resilient. The Product Manager role at Exygy is a dual role: 60% project management and 40% product management. In this role, you will work with our impact-focused clients to understand and communicate a clear goal to the project team. Once this goal is set, you’ll facilitate and manage a multi-functional team - consisting of Exygy team members, client team members, and other delivery partners - in delivering on key milestones.
As a Product Manager at Exygy you will project manage 3-5 client projects at any given time. For example, Exygy is expanding its work on an affordable housing product across the Bay Area. We expect that the person in this role will lead our project team in implementing the housing product across multiple counties/cities. Your leadership, management, and communication skills will help you move dynamic projects forward on a day-to-day basis while keeping an eye on the long-term goals.
- 3-5+ years working within client contexts to execute on design and technology projects, either at a consulting firm, full-service digital agency, or similar environment and role. Previous experience managing multiple projects at once.
- Facilitative leadership skills. Ability to facilitate stakeholders within large, complex organizations such as state and local government.
- Experienced project manager. Proven ability to keep multiple projects on time & budget, while ensuring the team is focused on highest priority tasks.
- Skilled product manager. Manage agile product roadmaps, backlogs, and user stories that lead to measurable outcomes for product growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator. Ability to empathize with, influence, and motivate individuals. Ability to stay calm and responsive under pressure, managing change fluidly.
- Lead and manage a project to success. Align a multidisciplinary team around the project goals and project manage them towards successful execution using comprehensive timeline, staffing, budget, and task management approaches throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Facilitate multiple projects, stakeholders, and workflow streams. Serve as the main point of contact across multiple projects and client accounts, guiding sound decision making and ensuring client and team happiness.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats. Manage the strategy, design, and engineering processes; jumping in when needed. For example, you may support our designers in running a design sprint or help build an expert team of contractors to deliver a tailored product.
- Drive creative problem solving. Anticipate, navigate, and facilitate solutions to project hurdles and risks, including managing scope.
- Ensure high quality digital craftsmanship. Making sure the project team is taking a human centered design approach to project work and balancing user needs with client business constraints. Manage product backlogs that adhere to these standards.
- Build product delivery best practices. Not afraid of ambiguity and a desire to learn new skills, evolve processes, constantly thinking about what can be improved. Employing a creative, and entrepreneurial mindset.
Nice to Have
- Experience in managing large SaaS products and/or large CMS build-outs.
- A previous role in product strategy, design, or engineering. For example, a previous life as a project manager, QA tester, engineering manager, content strategist, product marketer, front end or back end engineer, metrics lead, etc.
- Experience with digital metrics and analytics, defining KPIs, tracking conversion funnels, and extracting insights from data.
Exygy is a digital innovation studio on a mission to build resilient and healthy communities. We transform impact focused organizations through digital craftsmanship and design thinking. Some of our clients include: The UN World Food Program, the City of San Francisco, Google.org, Wikimedia Foundation, Skoll Foundation, Philanthropy University, and the Environmental Working Group. With a commitment to outstanding human-centered design and lean, standards-driven development, we work strategically and deliberately to create fantastic products that help our clients achieve their organizational goals.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY & COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Exygy values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Exygy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees and contractors of Exygy are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.