Senior Product Manager
Product Managers at Exygy are focused on the planning and execution of successful digital strategy, design, and engineering projects for our clients. In this role, you will work with Exygy Account Managers and our clients to understand and communicate a clear goal to the project team. Once this goal is set, you’ll facilitate and manage a multi-functional team - consisting of Exygy team members, client team members, and any other execution partners - in delivering on key milestones.
As a Product Manager, you thrive in extracting key motivations and requirements across team members and stakeholders in order to create and prioritize solutions that meet multiple needs. Your eye towards high standards will help you implement agile processes to support quality delivery from kickoff to launch. Your communication and creative problem solving skills will help anticipate blockers and navigate the day-to-day while your understanding of digital products will help you champion high-quality strategy, design, and engineering work. Your ability to juggle multiple, dynamic projects that range in size will help our team maximize capacity. Finally, your leadership and people skills coupled with your facility with details will help guide projects to success.
- Define project success and lead a multidisciplinary team towards successful execution using a comprehensive project plan, tools, and artifacts.
- Serve as the main project point of contact for clients, bringing along key stakeholders, guiding swift decision-making, and ensuring client happiness throughout the engagement.
- Shepherd clients through the product strategy and development life cycle by clearly articulating the process and how the work-streams fit together to achieve the product outcomes.
- Facilitate the strategy, design, and engineering processes, jumping in when needed. For example, you may support one of our designers in running a user test.
- Anticipate, navigate, and facilitate creative solutions to project hurdles and risks, including managing scope.
- Ensure high quality work that is on time and budget.
- 3-5+ years working within client contexts to execute on design and technology projects, either at a consulting firm, full-service digital agency, or similar environment and role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as facilitative leadership skills. Ability to empathize with, influence, and motivate individuals. Ability to stay calm and responsive under pressure, managing change fluidly.
- Detail oriented, with excellent management and organization skills. Able to keep track of many moving parts while smoothly adapting to new information or disruptions to the plan.
- Experience implementing agile methodologies in complex organizations. Ability to facilitate requirements from multiples stakeholders and prioritize them into a detailed feature backlog.
- Human centered design approach to the work and the ability to balance user needs with client business constraints.
- Experience managing stakeholders and projects for large, complex organizations. Ideally, previous experience as the Product Manager on a government digital product and experience leading large content management projects in Drupal and/or Wordpress.
- Creative, entrepreneurial mindset. Not afraid of ambiguity and a willingness to learn new skills, processes, and tools on the fly, constantly thinking about what can be improved.
- Driven by a commitment to the betterment of humanity. Passionate about designing and developing world-class products that make communities healthier and more resilient.
Nice to Have
- A previous role in some portion of the product strategy, design, and engineering process. For example, a previous life as a: design researcher, UX/UI designer, content strategist, product marketer, front end or back end engineer, metrics lead, QA tester, etc.
- Ability to understand and analyze high level factors that influence product decisions, including market size and dynamics, revenue opportunities, business models, and the competitive landscape.
- Experience with digital metrics and analytics, defining KPIs, tracking conversion funnels, and extracting insight from data.
Exygy is a digital innovation studio on a mission to build resilient and healthy communities. We transform impact focused organizations through digital craftsmanship and design thinking. Some of our clients include: The UN World Food Program, the City of San Francisco, Google.org, Wikimedia Foundation, Skoll Foundation, Philanthropy University, and the Environmental Working Group. With a commitment to outstanding human-centered design and lean, standards-driven development, we work strategically and deliberately to create fantastic products that help our clients achieve their organizational goals.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY & COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Exygy values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Exygy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees and contractors of Exygy are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.