Rails Engineer Contractor
We are looking for a passionate web engineer to help build high-quality web applications for our mission-driven clients. You will collaborate closely with our diverse and talented team to build robust back-end solutions that deliver on Exygy’s reputation for outstanding quality. You will be instrumental in the successful delivery of our core services offering: innovative software solutions to pressing real-world problems.
- Develop well-written, human-centered, and scalable front-end and back-end features that are thoroughly tested
- Attend scrum meetings such as sprint planning and daily standups to coordinate and meet sprint goals with the team
- Rotary error log monitoring and production monitoring duties
- Participate in debugging, DevOps tasks, code reviews, unit testing and end-to-end testing
- Cache, optimize and develop systems that can handle thousands of requests.
- Develop APIs for dynamic front-end features.
- Collaborate with team in the design, development, maintenance of our application
Candidate Profile & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent experience required; MS in CS, or comparable degree preferred
- You equally love sharing your expertise and learning new things from your peers.
- You are the kind of person who isn’t satisfied until it’s as good as it can be.
- You are patient and can distill and articulate technical issues in language that non-technical stakeholders can understand.
- You are an expert at creating the responsive web
- You have demonstrated experience developing enterprise-class, consumer facing applications
- You thrive in an environment driven by quality and sensitivity to client happiness
- You can balance several priorities, be flexible in meeting urgent client needs when they arise, and effectively communicate your needs and priorities to the rest of the team
- Your peers see you as a thought leader in your field; you take responsibility for championing best practices and standards; others enjoy learning from you
- Expert knowledge of functional languages and MVC architecture (Ruby on Rails and Angular)
- Recent Ruby on Rails development experience
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful APIs
- Understanding and grasp of Agile development and Scrum practices
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design
- Excitement and some knowledge about other technologies like Node.js, Redis, MongoDB, Gulp, Webpack, Meteor
- Experience with version control, particularly Git, and use of Github
- Experience and excitement around pair programming
- Effective and empathetic communication with your peers, your manager and external clients
- Intuitive understanding of engineering tasks, ability to estimate your progress and time to completion
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY & COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Exygy values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Exygy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees and contractors of Exygy are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.