US / Canada /
Machine Learning /
Full Time Employee
Ezra's mission is to detect cancer early for everyone.
We’ve created a comprehensive way to screen your body for potential cancer that’s fast, accurate, and affordable by leveraging MRI. We’ve detected possible cancer for 13% of our members to date. We’re working towards new AI-based medical technology clearances that will improve the Ezra experience for our members.
You will build novel artificial intelligence systems leveraging MRI for early cancer screening. You will have the opportunity to develop AIs using the largest Full Body MRI dataset in the world, composed of millions of Full Body MRI images, and work with some of the world’s leading physicians and experts in MRI & cancer. Finally, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas into FDA-cleared products aiming to help everyone in the world detect cancer early.
As our AI Researcher, you will:
- Work on implementing state-of-the-art AI architectures (with a focus on CNNs) to biomedical imaging problems, specifically related to MR image acquisition.
- Work alongside some of the world’s leading physicians and experts in MRI, including Pulitzer Prize winners and heads of radiology departments at large hospital groups (full list here).
- Work alongside our Quality and Regulatory team to document design decisions, and prepare for our FDA 510(k) submissions.
- Participate in scientific publications and conferences
- Experiment with and potentially develop new AI architectures
- Use your experience and skills to help beat cancer through early detection
- PhD in Computer Science / Machine Learning or related areas
- 2+ relevant peer-reviewed publications
- 2+ years of programming language experience on AI (ideal: tensorflow, keras, optional: pytorch, caffe)
- 5+ years of traditional programming language experience (ideal: Python, optional: C++, Java, C#)
- Scientific python coding skills are a plus (Numpy, Scipy, scikit-learn, pandas, matplotlib, numba)
- Advanced understanding of software engineering disciplines: design, architecture, change management, quality control, code reviews, source control (experience with GIT is a plus)
- Experience in medical imaging is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and learn complex new procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and record-keeping
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with a record of achievement in collaborative, team-driven environments
Nice to haves:
- Prior work experience in the healthcare technology industry
- Prior experience in building MRI-related AIs that have received FDA 510(k) clearance.
What’s in it for you?
At Ezra, you have the opportunity to be part of our team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone.
You will also have access to benefits such as:
Ability to work remotely with a home office allowance
Employer-paid health, dental and vision plans for you and your family
Annual free Ezra Full Body for you or a family member
Monthly health and wellness stipend
4-month employer-paid paternity leave
Annual Ezra Summit to a global destination
A great culture
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.