Full Time Employee
Ezra’s mission is to detect cancer early for everyone in the world. Our customers (we call them members) sign up for an Ezra full-body MRI scan at ezra.com, visit a partner imaging facility to get their scan, and receive their report from an Ezra Medical Provider within 7 days. We are live in New York, San Francisco Bay Area, and Los Angeles. In 2019, we helped 29 of our members detect cancer.
We're also building AI technology designed to assist radiologists in their analysis of MRI images & to increase their productivity. Our first AI was created to assist radiologists when analyzing prostate MRI scans, and is currently under FDA review.
You will join a team of creative people working on pioneering technologies. As an Infrastructure Engineer at Ezra, you will build the next generation of cloud-based AI services for early cancer detection. You will support our AI Research, Data Science, Quality Assurance, and Full Stack Engineers in building scaleable softwares that will support the full-body MRI screening experience. You will own all resource planning and implementation to ensure that Ezra can scale in multiple timezones and locations. You'll be a central point of contact for our growing engineering team and an instrumental part of our growth.
As an Ezra Infrastructure Engineer, you will
- Be responsible for maintaining the reliability and continuous operation of all our systems
- Monitor our cloud capacity in terms of storage, network traffic and load balancing, concurrency, and CPU/GPU utilization
- Solve VPN related connectivity issues both internally and with our business partners
- Perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, security, functional patches and hot-fixes
- Manage user access to internal and external computational resources
- Work with our quality assurance department on the design and implementation of infrastructure disaster recovery plans and protocols
- Work with the engineering team to plan and deploy computational resources as we scale up to multiple locations in North America
- Make recommendations to improve systems performance, security and scalability
- Experience with infrastructure as code tooling (Terraform, Cloudformation, Azure ARM templates, etc) and/or configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Experience with containers
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and tooling (Jenkins, CircleCI, Teamcity, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or relevant work experience
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification or Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification
- Experience owning development operations and infrastructure at a quickly-scaling startup
Nice to have:
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernets, ECS, etc)
- Experience in the healthcare industry, especially with medical imaging standards such as DICOM and HL7.
- Coding skills in one of these languages: python, java, C#.
Who you are:
- An individual with outstanding communication skills. Able to work collaboratively across technical and non-technical teams.
- You have a strong customer service orientation to ensure that all service requests and incidents are resolved in a professional manner.
What’s in it for you?
You have the opportunity to be an early employee at Ezra and be part of an all-star team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone in the world. Our employee benefits include: comprehensive health, dental and vision plans for your and your family; wellness and commuter benefits; competitive vacation policy; a culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony; healthy food and snacks; off-sites and happy hours.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.