Chief Medical Officer
New York City
Full Time Employee
Ezra’s mission is to detect cancer early for everyone in the world. Our customers (we call them members) sign up for an Ezra full-body MRI scan at ezra.com, visit a partner imaging facility to get their scan, and receive their report from an Ezra Medical Provider within 7 days. We are live in New York, San Francisco Bay Area, and Los Angeles. In 2019, we helped 29 of our members detect cancer.
We're also building AI technology designed to assist radiologists in their analysis of MRI images & to increase their productivity. Our first AI was created to assist radiologists when analyzing prostate MRI scans, and is currently under FDA review.
You are a board-certified radiologist who cares deeply about helping people detect cancer early. You’re patient-centric, have a can-do attitude, and enjoy making people feel safe and special. You will lead our Medical Providers team, and work closely with the Ezra CEO, the leadership team, and our Medical Director to establish our clinical processes. You will also work with our R&D team to establish our product & AI roadmap, and you will represent Ezra as a speaker at conferences, and in media interviews. You will report to the Ezra's CEO & co-founder.
As our Chief Medical Officer, you will:
- Ensure that our members receive the highest standard of medical care
- Balance the duties of a physician with those of an administrator
- Monitor and optimize clinical performance
- Train, motivate, and oversee all Ezra medical providers
- Report on our clinical (KPIs) to the CEO and our Board of Directors
- Ensure all healthcare regulations and safety standards are met
- Keep internal staff updated on new healthcare regulations
- Assist R&D teams in building our product and AI
- Create benchmarks for KPIs to measure the efficiency and quality of our medical team
- Manage the company’s relationship with the Ezra Scientific Advisory Board
- Experience conducting clinical research & working with interdisciplinary groups
- Highly empathic, patient-centric leader who is excited to evolve the healthcare space
- 10+ years clinical experience with MRI & CT scans
- 4+ years experience in a management role
- Clinical risk management experience
- Medical degree from accredited radiologic program
- Valid medical licence
Nice to have:
- Master of Health Administration (MHA) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) would be a plus
What’s in it for you?
You have the opportunity to be an early employee at Ezra and be part of an all-star team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone in the world. Our employee benefits include: comprehensive health, dental and vision plans for your and your family; wellness and commuter benefits; competitive vacation policy; a culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony; healthy food and snacks; off-sites and happy hours.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.