Head of People
CA, NY or FL /
People & Talent /
Full Time Employee
Ezra’s mission is to detect cancer early for everyone.
We’ve created a comprehensive way to screen your body for potential cancer by offering imaging services such as a full-body MRI, Prostate MRI, 3D mammography and low-dose chest CT. Our scan services are available in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami, and Sarasota. To date, we have scanned 1000+ people and detected possible cancer for 13% of them. We received FDA clearance for our MR image viewer and prostate AIs, which help support radiologists in analyzing prostate MRIs. We’re currently working towards new AI-based medical technology clearances that will improve the Ezra experience for our members.
- As Ezra’s Head of People, you will be responsible for scaling Ezra’s team, building a culture that will attract top talent, and supporting the organization through several major milestones. You’ll partner closely with our founding team to map organizational growth, set our yearly talent plans, and align the People & Talent budget. You’ll also be the official people partner to our executive team, and provide 1:1 coaching as well as the sourcing of external resources to develop the team’s leadership capacity. Your day-to-day will include optimizing for growth through hiring and people development while also minimizing risks related to turnover and compliance.
As Ezra’s Head of People, you responsibilities will include:
- People partnership: You will develop leadership capacity & align on strategic priorities with the leadership team and other managers.
- Scaling Ezra: You will grow the team by playing a hands-on role in filling openings, sourcing top talent, and building the long-term People & Talent roadmap that will help Ezra meet its strategic business goals.
- Talent mapping & restructuring: You will partner with founders to make necessary structural changes, and map Ezra’s growth over the next few years.
- Talent operations: You will manage Ezra’s ATS as well as the overall hiring process.
- Employee relations: You will be a point of contact for all employee inquiries, and will be responsible for escalating and investigating inquiries when needed.
- HR policy & compliance: You will ensure Ezra’s employment contracts, termination processes, and handbook policies are compliant with regulations across our Canada & US offices.
- Talent & HR budget management: You will own and allocate all spending related to hiring, people & talent softwares, and total rewards; you will also own negotiation with vendors and facilities to optimize the budget.
- Total rewards: You will implement Ezra’s first benefits policies for both our US & Canada offices, compensation philosophies with salary bands & commission structures, stock option processes, & implement other additions to total rewards, such as wellness stipends; you will also manage any all employees’ changes in their total rewards package.
- Performance & employee pulse: You will work with the leadership team to take action on the results of Ezra’s recurring performance & employee pulse reviews.
- Build a team: You will build a team to manage Ezra’s hiring and people operations.
- You are US-based (San Francisco, Los Angeles or New York City).
- 8-10 years experience managing People and/or Talent in a high-growth environment.
- 5+ years in a leadership and management role.
- 5+ years experience sourcing highly competitive technical talent (ideally in a niche field) in the US.
- Willingness to travel and visit teams (20% of time).
- Strong grasp of foundational HR processes.
- Strong negotiation skills that can be applied in hiring & stakeholder management
- Ability to manage several stakeholders, including the leadership team & founders, external legal teams, vendors, and external Board members.
- Ability to be both hands-on in execution and to think in a long-term, strategic way.
What’s in it for you?
At Ezra, you have the opportunity to be an early member of our team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone.
You will also have access to benefits such as:
- Stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Ability to work remotely
- Wellness and work-from-home benefits
- A culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony
- Healthy food and snacks
- Off-sites and happy hours
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.