Full Time Employee
Ezra’s mission is to detect cancer early for everyone in the world. Our customers (we call them members) sign up for an Ezra full-body MRI scan at ezra.com, visit a partner imaging facility to get their scan, and receive their report from an Ezra Medical Provider within 7 days. We are live in New York, San Francisco Bay Area, and Los Angeles. In 2019, we helped 29 of our members detect cancer.
We're also building AI technology designed to assist radiologists in their analysis of MRI images & to increase their productivity. Our first AI was created to assist radiologists when analyzing prostate MRI scans, and is currently under FDA review.
As an Engineering Manager at Ezra you will lead a team of creative people to build and maintain a suite of web-based healthcare platforms for both clinicians and Ezra customers (we call them members).
As our Engineering Manager, you will:
- Lead a team of engineers to build and maintain Ezra’s healthcare platforms
- Plan resources and timelines for business-critical software development projects
- Work closely with product managers and software testers to develop detailed plans to accomplish goals and project specifications
- Hire, train, and mentor engineers to further develop competencies and skills
- Foster a team culture that encourages ownership and continuous learning
- Supervise software contractors and outsourcing partners
We're looking for a leader with:
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on technical management experience, building and leading a team of 5+ developers/engineers
- Experience with defining and measuring OKRs/KPIs
- Demonstrated experience fostering software teams' technical & soft skills through hands-on coaching & mentoring
- Experience in production ready consumer platforms
- Experience implementing processes for technical specs requirements gathering and QA processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases & data storage services
- Strong grasp of software architecture (n-tier, microservices,etc) and design patterns
- Familiar with best practices for design documentation, coding styles, and systems deployment (staging, UAT, and production)
Nice to haves:
- Core, Azure DevOps, and Azure Portal is highly desirable
- Experience with medical products or in a regulated environment preferred
What’s in it for you?
You have the opportunity to be an early employee at Ezra and be part of an all-star team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone in the world. Our employee benefits include: comprehensive health, dental and vision plans for your and your family; wellness and commuter benefits; competitive vacation policy; a culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony; healthy food and snacks; off-sites and happy hours.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.