Full Stack Developer, Medical Devices
Full Time Employee
Ezra’s mission is to detect cancer early for everyone.
We have created the most comprehensive way to get a look inside your body utilizing state-of-the-art imaging technology such as full-body MRI scans, low-dose CT scans, and advanced machine learning techniques. Ezra’s OS for healthcare will make it easier for everyone to improve their health by leveraging AI to better understand health data.
Our cancer screening services are currently available in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Miami, and we have ambitions to scale Ezra’s screening services & AIs globally.
To date, we have provided 1000+ members with cancer screening services and have detected potential cancer for 13% of our members.
Recently, we received FDA clearance for our MR image viewer and prostate AIs, which help support radiologists in analyzing prostate MRIs. We’re currently working towards new AI-based medical technology clearances that will help Ezra support our members in improving their health.
As a Full Stack Developer within our Medical Devices Development team, you will play a key role in developing products that help people to detect cancer early. You will be developing products such as a radiology image viewer, MRI image quality controller, and other regulated medical software.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager for Medical Devices Development, you will work with the Data Science, Machine Learning, Quality, and Regulatory teams to deliver on our ambitious roadmap for the year. You will be working in a small, fast-paced, detail-oriented team focused on bringing safe and effective devices to production.
As Ezra’s Full Stack Developer for Medical Devices, you will:
- Design & develop cloud-native products used by our patients, doctors, and imaging partners
- Ensure the safety, responsiveness, scalability, and security of our products
- Contribute to early product planning such as risk assessment, infrastructure, and architecture design
- Design and implement automated tests such as unit, integration, and regression tests
- Create detailed design output and participate in code reviews to support our FDA submissions
- 3+ years experience with idiomatic Python 3
- Strong grasp of relational and non-relational databases, data storage services, schema design, and efficient retrieval
- Proven experience working with two or more databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Redis, and/or RabbitMQ
- Strong grasp of best practices for design documentation, coding styles, CI/CD, containers and systems deployment
- Knowledge of systems design and software architecture (n-tier, microservices, etc.)
- Experience in deploying to all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and performance optimization skills
Nice to haves
- Experience with medical devices and/or highly regulated environments is preferred
What’s in it for you?
At Ezra, you have the opportunity to be an early member of our all-star team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone in the world.
You will also have access to benefits such as:
- Stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Ability to work remotely
- Wellness and work-from-home benefits
- A culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony
- Competitive vacation policy
- Healthy food and snacks
- Off-sites and happy hours
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.