New York City
Full Time Employee
Ezra’s mission is to detect cancer early for everyone in the world. Our customers (we call them members) sign up for an Ezra full-body MRI scan at ezra.com, visit a partner imaging facility to get their scan, and receive their report from an Ezra Medical Provider within 7 days. We are live in New York, San Francisco Bay Area, and Los Angeles. In 2019, we helped 29 of our members detect cancer.
We're also building AI technology designed to assist radiologists in their analysis of MRI images & to increase their productivity. Our first AI was created to assist radiologists when analyzing prostate MRI scans, and is currently under FDA review.
As a Financial Controller at Ezra you will oversee all of the financial and accounting operations of the company. As our first dedicated, in-house finance team member, you'll be responsible for building sustainable processes that will enable Ezra's growth. You'll also own all financial closing, audit, and compliance processes.
As our Financial Controller, you will:
- Be hands-on with Ezra's financial management, including closing the books, AP, AR, and will grow with the accounting team as the business scales
- Streamline Ezra's payroll processes and implement employee-facing documentation including introducing a company wide expense policy
- Lead the tax, accounting, and book-closing functions at Ezra
- Your responsibilities include the coordination of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing processes; preparation of financial statements and reports; implementation of organizational policies, operating procedures, and business controls; and management of tax compliance and audits
- Other key responsibilities include maintaining accounting records, closing the books monthly, helping drive the planning process and supporting activities of the management team
We're looking for a candidate with:
- CPAs certification with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in accounting operations, including managing GAAP accounting
- Experience owning the finance function for a scaling startup
- Candidates should have experience building financial plans and managing budgets to plans
- An effective team member in a collaborative environment.
- Strong accounting skills: a track record of maintaining accounting records, closing the books and assisting in review processes
- Undergraduate degree from a leading university
- Strong experience with QuickBooks in a cloud environment
- Facile with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Drive
Nice to haves:
- Experience from the "Big Four" accounting firms is a plus
- Experience in consolidating foreign operations is a plus
What’s in it for you?
You have the opportunity to be an early employee at Ezra and be part of an all-star team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone in the world. Our employee benefits include: comprehensive health, dental and vision plans for your and your family; wellness and commuter benefits; competitive vacation policy; a culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony; healthy food and snacks; off-sites and happy hours.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.