Junior Art Director
New York City
Full Time Employee
Ezra’s mission is to detect cancer early for everyone in the world. Our customers (we call them members) sign up for an Ezra full-body MRI scan at ezra.com, visit a partner imaging facility to get their scan, and receive their report from an Ezra Medical Provider within 7 days. We are live in New York, San Francisco Bay Area, and Los Angeles. In 2019, we helped 29 of our members detect cancer.
We're also building AI technology designed to assist radiologists in their analysis of MRI images & to increase their productivity. Our first AI was created to assist radiologists when analyzing prostate MRI scans, and is currently under FDA review.
As our first dedicated marketing team Junior Art Director, you’ll play a key role in delivering on Ezra’s brand refresh in 2020. The person in this role will have the opportunity to tell Ezra's story through brand and creative execution. You’re a natural and gifted visual storyteller, can move fluidly between mediums, and are incredibly strong in the Adobe Creative Suite, with focus on Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. You will create assets for web, print, digital ads and other merchandise. You will work closely with our external agencies to deliver assets which embody and communicate our brand and principles.
As a Junior Art Director, you would:
- Be a brand guardian: maintain brand voice and guidelines across all assets
- Design emails for promotions, content, and product launches
- Design printed materials
- Create and optimize assets for website
- Create social media content
- Coordinate with Ezra's communications team and outside agencies, partners and supporters, art services, printers, photographers, etc.
- Adhere to Ezra’s content creation calendar and be proactive with creative ideas/briefs
- Work with our marketing team, to design beautiful promotional emails that drive customer acquisition and retention
- Work alongside third-party partners to help develop packaging for new and existing product lines
- Utilize photoshop for retouching and creation of new brand assets
- Work with product and engineering teams to conceptualize and develop UX elements
- Minimum 3 years of graphic design experience (experience in a startup an asset)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as an Art Director in an ad agency
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects) & Figma
- Basic knowledge of marketing copy writing
- Ability to balance short-term and long-term strategic initiatives, and work within tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, able to organize, prioritize, and produce results independently
- Ability to hold a strong design vision while remaining collaborative and open to new ideas
- Knowledge of best practices for designing and optimizing content for emails, socials, and print
- A strong portfolio showcasing innovative and creative branding for digital and print design
- The ability to work independently and quickly with strong attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
You have the opportunity to be an early employee at Ezra and be part of an all-star team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone in the world. Our employee benefits include: comprehensive health, dental and vision plans for your and your family; wellness and commuter benefits; competitive vacation policy; a culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony; healthy food and snacks; off-sites and happy hours.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.