Marketing & Communications Manager
New York City /
Full Time Employee
Ezra’s mission is to detect cancer early for everyone. We are doing this by providing a look inside your body utilizing state-of-the-art imaging technology such as full-body MRI scans and low-dose CT scans powered by our AI-based medical technologies. We serve patients, physicians and employers in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles through our partner clinics. We have ambitions to expand Ezra into all 50 states over the next two years (and eventually, globally). To date, we have provided 1,000+ members with cancer screening services and detected early cancer warning signs in 13% of our members. Join our experienced team of superstar machine learning engineers, doctors, and business professionals.
As Ezra’s first in-house Strategic Communications Manager, you will own the content strategy to engage various stakeholders with Ezra. You will devise and execute the strategy for content across several mediums including email marketing, website, social media, events, and public relations. Your work will influence not just our written copy, but also visual design, in partnership with our designer. Your content will raise awareness around Ezra’s product for our direct consumers, physicians that can refer more customers to Ezra, and employers who can provide Ezra’s cancer screening offering to their teams.
Curious as to what stories you’d be telling at Ezra? It will span anything from the AIs Ezra is building to make cancer screening available to everyone in the world, to a story of how our full-body screening protocol helped save someone’s life. You’ll also drive PR around Ezra’s upcoming Series B fundraising.
As a Strategic Communications Manager, you will:
- Strategize: You’ll design and drive the content strategy for our various mediums (blog posts, email marketing, published news articles, etc.)
- Cross-Collaborate: You’ll report to the Head of Finance & Growth and work closely with the CEO, Medical Director and Head of Machine Learning to communicate Ezra’s stories and progress
- Execute: You’ll write copy, advise on visual designs for our various mediums, and deploy any necessary email marketing and social media campaigns
- Drive growth: You’ll measure the engagement our customers and partners have with your content, and shift your strategy accordingly
- Tell stories: You’ll tell powerful stories about the impact that Ezra is creating, and our mission of early cancer detection
- Wear multiple hats: Your work will span email marketing, social media management, written copy, content creation, PR engagement, and measuring the impact of your own work so that you can continuously evolve your strategy to engage Ezra’s target audiences
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism or a related area
- 3-5 years experience creating and implementing a content strategy that drives growth in a scientific or healthcare field; you could also have worked as a reporter/journalist for 3-5 years in the healthcare industry and are looking to make an impact as a high-growth startup
- Email marketing experience (preferably with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, but not required)
- Strong storyteller and strategic thinker
- You have the ability to think and execute across multiple channels, including social media
- Data-driven + creative
- Hustles to makes things happen
At Ezra, you have the opportunity to be an early member of our superstar team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone in the world. You will also have access to benefits such as: stock options; comprehensive health; dental and vision plans for you and your family; wellness and commuter benefits; a culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony; competitive vacation policy; and off-sites and happy hours (COVID19 permitting!).
As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive. Ezra is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.