Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
Santa Clara, California
Software Engineering /
WE ARE BUILDING THE WORLD'S FIRST CRYPTOGRAPHIC COMPUTER
Fabric believes hardware determines the boundaries of humanity's collective creativity and imagination. We are building hardware for the next generation of cryptography because we believe in creating a more trustworthy world with secure, private computation at its core. Just as encryption and decryption enabled the Internet as we know it, this new paradigm of cryptographic algorithms, such as zero knowledge proofs, have even broader potential to revolutionize how trust, privacy, and identity work in our society.
As a Software Engineer - DevOps, you will have the opportunity to influence and optimize the entire engineering development process. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, implementing DevOps best practices, CI/CD infrastructure, and automation strategies to make our engineers more productive and our silicon more robust. Your role will encompass several key responsibilities, primarily focused on CI infrastructure, build systems, and hardware testing and verification.
What you'll be doing
- Automation Development: Create, enhance, and maintain automation tools and pipelines that streamline the software and hardware development processes. This includes CI/CD pipelines, deployment automation, and infrastructure provisioning.
- Code Quality Enforcement: Implement and manage code quality control measures, including code reviews, static analysis, and automated testing, to ensure the delivery of high-quality software and hardware components.
- Build System Improvements: Optimize and maintain the pants build system or similar tools to minimize build times, ensure reliable builds, and manage dependencies efficiently.
- Hardware Testing and Verification: Develop, oversee, or manage long-running integration tests specific to hardware components, ensuring the reliability and quality of silicon products.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with software engineers, hardware engineers, and quality assurance teams to understand their specific needs, identify pain points, and provide DevOps solutions to enhance productivity.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer, preferably in a hardware/software development environment.
- Strong programming skills in Python and C++.
- Proficiency in CI/CD tools, such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Travis CI, or GitLab CI.
- Experience with the pants build system or similar build systems like Bazel/Blaze or Buck.
- Expertise in hardware testing and verification, or managing long-running integration tests.
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git) and collaboration tools (e.g., JIRA).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills to collaborate with a diverse team.
Why Fabric of Cryptography? Our benefits are here to support you! Competitive salary and benefits Comprehensive medical / dental / vision, STD/LTD, AD+D and Life Insurance Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
We’re remote friendly. We believe that your value to the team can be provided at one of our offices or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the US and around the world.
We’re vested. You won’t just own your work here; you’ll have the potential to own equity in our company. We are competing in a hardware market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow at tremendous rates.
Fabric Cryptography is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.