Staff ASIC Design Engineer
San Francisco, California
Hardware Engineering /
Fabric Cryptography believes hardware determines the boundaries of humanity's collective creativity and imagination. We are building hardware for the next generation of cryptography because we believe in creating a more trustworthy world with secure, private computation at its core. Just as encryption and decryption enabled the Internet as we know it, this new paradigm of cryptographic algorithms, such as zero knowledge proofs, have even broader potential to revolutionize how trust, privacy, and identity work in our society.
About the job
We are currently looking for a Principal Digital Design Engineer to join our team of brilliant, passionate people helping to create this breakthrough technology.
What you'll be doing
- Design and implementation of high-speed custom processor cores including ISA definition, RTL design, verification, and synthesis.
- Integration of processors and peripherals, including RTL design, verification, and synthesis.
- Development of memory subsystems and interconnection networks.
- Develop system performance models and use experimental methods to make design choices.
- Participate in the development of testbenches, firmware, and software tools to support the processors.
- Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to understand their requirements and deliver high quality solutions.
Qualifications & experience requirements
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Strong experience with RTL design and verification, including VHDL or Verilog.
- In-depth knowledge of (ideally 5 years or more) RISC-V architecture and its various extensions.
- Experience with SoC integration, including peripherals, memory controllers, and interconnects/ Good understanding of embedded systems and their software, including firmware and device drivers.
- Willingness to dive in and get your hands dirty Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.