Remote US or EU /
Fable is the web-based motion design platform. Our mission is to empower all creators with access and opportunities to tell stories with motion.
Building a motion design platform in the browser is an ambitious technical feat, and we've assembled some bright minds to help us achieve our vision. Now, we're looking for a talented Software Engineer to be a key member of our engineering team focused on creating the foundation of our services that power our editor experience and beyond.
What you'll do at Fable
- Collaborate with the leadership team and other engineers to design and build core product features that bring the entire product together.
- Be resourceful by helping to scope projects into shippable chunks, and over-communicate expectations and timelines.
- Manage the integrity of the codebase to ensure we're building a robust and scalable architecture as we grow.
Reach out if this sounds like you
- You have 3+ years of history of building out scalable, maintainable backend web services in a language like Node, Ruby, Python, Go or similar.
- You know your way around AWS or GCP, embrace IaaC or gitops and are not afraid of standing up infrastructure.
- You've managed, maintained, and monitored the systems you've built and you're not afraid of a datadog dashboard.
- You're a self-starter, ideally with past experience working in an early-stage startup environment and understand that sometimes a nuanced approach is required to balance a short time-to-market with long term maintainability concerns.
- You have a working proficiency and interpersonal skills in verbal and written English.
- You're ready for the next chapter in your career where you can own large areas of a fast-growing product and have a big say on shaping its impact in the world.
Motion is everywhere: A GIF on Instagram, a video on YouTube, an animation on a website, or even a Netflix documentary. Yet! Moving content is super hard to create because while current software is powerful it's also intimidating for most creators to get started.
Fable combines the power of Adobe with the accessibility of Figma and makes motion collaborative for teams–right in the browser. There's no software to install, it's made for designers, and it all runs in the cloud. In this new frontier of web-based software, we believe motion is the big missing piece.
Founded in 2019, Fable is a fully-distributed team of technologists, designers, and storytellers who are passionate about building software that inspires the next generation of creators. We've raised $7.4M from top-tier investors NYC, SF, and Tokyo and it's an incredible time to join the team to help drive Fable into the next chapter.
We’re prioritizing building a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, and voices to help write our story. Fable is an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.