Head of People
Remote US /
Fable is the web-based motion design platform. Our mission is to empower all creators with access and opportunities to tell stories with motion.
Fable is growing fast, so we're looking for a talented people leader to help the team thrive through the company's next chapter and beyond. This is a hugely impactful role and you'll report directly to the CEO to help define and implement new processes and tactics across culture, HR, and recruiting. Fable is little without our team and we're incredibly proud of the people and culture – now we need someone to help us thrive as we grow.
What you'll do at Fable
- Be a thought partner with the leadership team on people ops, culture, org growth, and HR.
- Lead ways to amplify our remote culture throughout the organization.
- Lead HR activities that support our distributed, international team; from comp and benefits to DE&I, and professional development.
- Lead processes across recruiting and onboarding that ensure our growing team's success.
Reach out if this sounds like you
- You are passionate about supporting humans, knowing they're the center of the org.
- You have 5+ years of people, HR, or recruiting experience in a startup environment.
- You are an operator and shine through documentation and building processes.
- You are an expert communicator, no matter the format or audience.
- You are well-versed in HR and recruiting operations.
- You thrive with initiative and you're looking for a role with more autonomy and ownership.
Motion is everywhere: A GIF on Instagram, a video on YouTube, an animation on a website, or even a Netflix documentary. Yet! Moving content is super hard to create because while current software is powerful it's also intimidating for most creators to get started.
Fable combines the power of Adobe with the accessibility of Figma and makes motion collaborative for teams–right in the browser. There's no software to install, it's made for designers, and it all runs in the cloud. In this new frontier of web-based software, we believe motion is the big missing piece.
Founded in 2019, Fable is a fully-distributed team of technologists, designers, and storytellers who are passionate about building software that inspires the next generation of creators. We've raised $7.4M from top-tier investors NYC, SF, and Tokyo and it's an incredible time to join the team to help drive Fable into the next chapter.
We’re prioritizing building a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, and voices to help write our story. Fable is an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.