Senior Software Engineer
We’re a team passionate about providing access to creative tools for artists, animators, and storytellers around the world. You'll be tackling a range of technical challenges to help make this vision a reality, and you'll have the opportunity to work across our front-end, graphics, and infrastructure stack.
Our engineering culture is highly collaborative and we seek teammates who take pride in their code as well as knowing when to ship. The ideal candidate has experience building scalable consumer-facing web applications in a fast-paced environment and has experience with graphics technologies like WebGL as well as libraries like React. You are also passionate about cutting edge web technologies like WASM. Our infrastructure is evolving quick so this is a position where you'll really get to flex your skills to help take our product to the next level.
Fable is a remote team with a HQ in NYC, and we are proud to foster an inclusive and diverse workplace. If you’re curious to learn more please send us a note, we'd love to chat :)
What You'll Do
- Help us push the boundaries of web graphics technologies for our passionate community of animators.
- Drive projects to production across our stack alongside product and design teams.
- Help design, maintain, and evolve our infrastructure and coding standards as we grow.
- Test thoroughly and ship efficiently. Deliver stable and performant product updates regularly.
- Help architect solutions to our most complex challenges.
- You can show us a portfolio of experience having built consumer-facing applications on a product team.
- You’re fluent with web technologies and have a passion for writing highly performant code.
- You have extensive experience with graphics technologies such as WebGL in a production environment.
- You thrive off complex computation challenges and are known to be a math and algorithm whizz.
- You thrive when you're debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- You're passionate about the latest web technologies like WASM.
- You appreciate when code is good enough vs perfect, and can assess trade-offs to preserve code integrity.
- You really love your craft and are excited for where web technologies are heading.
- You’re a skilled communicator, you bring a positive attitude and a sense of empathy and humility to your day.