Director of Engineering
We’re a team passionate about providing access to creative tools for artists, animators, and storytellers around the world, and you'll be steering the engineering team that helps to turn this vision into a reality.
As the Director of Engineering at Fable you will lead and manage our small yet mighty team of remote engineers to achieve something pretty incredible when it comes to web technologies. We're really pushing the bar on everything that makes up our product; from functionality and user experience to performance and stability, and you'll work with the team to make it happen. You're excited to join an early-stage team and help us scale and grow our product. You take pride in leading teams to meet their potential, and delivering impactful product strategies. You are passionate about cutting edge web technologies like WebGL and WASM and are excited to still be hands on with the codebase.
Fable is a remote team with a HQ in NYC, and we are proud to foster an inclusive and diverse workplace. If you’re curious to learn more please send us a note, we'd love to chat :)
What You'll Do
- Work with leadership to set product and technical strategy.
- Coach our team of engineers and be a advocate for their growth and success.
- Lead the strategy that evolves our stable and performant infrastructure on top of the latest web tech like WebGL and WASM.
- Be as hands-on as needed with the team to help deliver impactful product improvements.
- Manage scope and priorities alongside leadership and adjacent teams.
- Evolve and shape processes that maximize team efficiency.
- Build and grow the engineering team and culture as we scale.
- Your portfolio is extensive and showcases a history of technical leadership on high impact teams and products.
- Your technical fundamentals are still top notch and you are comfortable getting hands-on with the team.
- You've led, managed, and grown engineering teams in consumer-product environments.
- You're passionate about the industry we're innovating in and can help the team push its boundaries.
- You know when to push the team and when to push the scope.
- You're no stranger to product development processes and can share stories of success and failure.