Senior Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Core Engineering /
Real Estate is the largest industry in the US. At Fabrica we are redesigning its tech stack.
We are building a future where Real Estate operations will be performed at the speed and accuracy of software. Buying or selling a house, refinancing your mortgage, investing in properties or building your next Real Estate startup will be powered by software and creativity instead of paperwork and rubber stamps.
We’re replumbing the whole stack, starting from the very foundations.
We love getting our hands dirty, tackling hard problems with advanced technologies and solving complex regulatory issues. We are radical innovators: we focus on long-term impact and settling for incremental improvements is against our nature.
Today we’re entering the market helping Land Professionals to buy and sell properties fully online. Once established in that segment, we’ll enter the Residential market.
As a Frontend Engineer, you'll be on the front line building the best possible experience to our users.
You'll craft, together with our UX/UI designers, all the web components to delight our customers while they buy and sell real estate properties online. You'll ensure the look and feel of the UI are coherent across all the application and optimize the code so that it is stable, fast and each operation can be performed smoothly.
You'll teach your peers how to get the best out of today's web technologies and you'll teach designers new patterns enabled by the latest frameworks, so you can get the most out of the collaboration.
You'll learn how to mix traditional client/server architecture with distributed technologies and how to "code for trust", so that users feel safe in performing critical operations involving valuable assets.
You will improve our ability to iterate on the front-end, so we can test different approaches faster and pick the one that works best. You'll improve the quality of the front-end code, optimizing the software to deliver a sleek impeccable experience.
You’ll join a team where everyone - including you - is passionate and fully committed to change the Real Estate industry with our skills and know-how. Combined we’ve decades of experience in all kinds of technologies, product development, real estate.
We are a Startup: as one of the first members of the team you’ll face uncertainty, limited resources and problems that seem impossible to solve. But you’ll also get the extreme gratification and sense of achievement of epic adventures. You’ll be surrounded by people that will help you learn, risk and express your potential both in the good moments and when the challenges come.
The Tech Stack
We use a mix of decentralized solutions and more traditional technologies.
Each property on our platform is represented as an ERC721 token on Ethereum.
Most of the time, the frontend consumes APIs from our backend to operate on the properties. In some cases the frontend also connects directly with third parties wallets and Ethereum nodes using Web3.js.
Properties’ legal documents and metadata are stored on IPFS.
Within one month you will:
- Learn what happens in the lifecycle of a property on Fabrica from a technical perspective
- Learn the key processes that happen in a Real Estate transaction
- Review and refactor part of the frontend code and update some steps in the "buy now" process
Within three months you will:
- Redesign and implement the integration with Hellosign to handle documents signatures
- Build and deploy your first big redesign of a key page of the platform (e.g.: the portfolio page)
- Improve the integration between the frontend and the backend by working with your backend peers
- Be proud of seeing customers selling properties and be delighted by the experience
Within six months you will:
- Lay down solid foundations to support new features, scalability and geographies
- Have refactored all of the front end codebase
- Have a clear understanding of what needs to be build over the next 12 months
- Enjoy your first company offsite!
Within twelve months you will:
- Have provided valuable suggestions to the whole team to build a better product
- Coordinate your work with new frontend developers that will join the team
- Develop external components (e.g.: "buy now" button) that can be embedded in third parties websites
- Release a set of public API / framework to let third parties build apps on the Fabrica platform
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional knowledge of HTML / CSS and latest front end technologies and trends
- Solid foundations in design patterns
- Proficient in the use of version control / source code management tools
- Familiarity with the Ethereum ecosystem: protocols, relevant projects and players
- Basic understanding of cryptography