Principal/Sr Bioinformatics Scientist
Fabric Genomics is looking for an experienced, self-motivated, and hands-on bioinformatics technical leader who can work effectively in a dynamic startup environment and want to help shape the future of precision medicine.
You will focus on developing bioinformatics tools, statistical analysis methods and machine learning techniques to analyze very large genomic data sets to be used in clinical settings. You must be passionate about extracting insights from large data sets and in using quantitative analysis to answer complex questions. Your knowledge of the life sciences and clinical genomic markets will enable you to identify new applications and business opportunities.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with executives, scientists and engineers, guiding others to develop novel techniques for analyzing genomic data with the goal of obtaining actionable insight, reduce costs, and improve accuracy.
- Develop statistical and machine learning algorithms to identify patterns in genome data.
- Develop analysis strategies and visualizations to help clinicians and scientists interpret genomic data.
- Apply machine learning techniques to automate genomic data analysis.
- Develop processes and methods to improve transparency and reliability of applications, reducing project risks for on-time milestones.
- Mentor scientists and engineers to achieve greater productivity and understanding of the subject domain and customer needs.
- PhD with strong background in computational biology or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in industry bioinformatics/computational biology positions of increasing responsibility.
- Experience developing software/pipelines in Python, Perl, C/C++ or Java.
- Excellent knowledge of genomics, high-throughput sequencing applications, clinical tools and databases, and a general business acumen in life sciences industry and markets.
- Ability of independent thinking, problem solving, and coordination of complex development projects.
- Significant experience developing software for deployment on Linux/Unix and the cloud, including containers and parallelization tools.
- Team player with excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with data management systems such as SQL, no-SQL, distributed data stores, etc, is desirable.
- Experience mentoring/managing scientist and engineers and a publication track record on computational biology/bioinformatics are pluses.
Candidates should have authorization to work in the US. Local candidates strongly preferred. Recruiting companies do not need to apply.