Oakland, CA /
WHAT WE DO
Fabric Genomics is building a team of the best and brightest to help shape the future of personalized medicine. Our mission is to help clinicians apply the most relevant information from genome data using our software platform to improve medical outcomes. We are on a relentless quest to diagnose patients faster utilizing artificial intelligence, and thus help them access personalized treatments for hereditary diseases and cancer.
We have developed the strongest software platform in the genomics industry with leading customers world-wide. We are a thriving post-Series B company, supported by world-class investors and licensed by leading academic and clinical laboratories around the world. We are looking for individuals who want to join our mission to better understand genetics and save lives with our genomic analysis software and services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As Controller, reporting to the CEO, you’ll be Fabric’s in-house finance leader focusing on both strategic and tactical objectives. As a skilled financial leader and strong collaborator, you will make it your mission to oversee our Finance function from the ground up. This role will lead the day-to-day management and execution of our finance operations, scaling the framework for monitoring our financial health and setting Fabric Genomics up for growth. The Controller will also partner with the Sales/Account Management Team to understand the technical and complicated aspects of our sale to streamline deal structure and process. You’ll be sought out by our Leadership Team for financial analysis for gaining insights into what will help improve our operational efficiency and aid our growth.
- Present comprehensive financial updates by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Establish financial and operating benchmarks, guidelines, budgets, controls, monitoring, and reporting standards
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Guide financial decisions by developing and applying policies, procedures, and workflows
- Develop and support short and long-term finance operations strategies in collaboration with the CEO and management team
- Responsible for financial aspects of sales operations, commission structure, and customer contractors
- Regular interaction both internally with Sales/Account Management Team and externally with customers in support of the sales lifecycle
- Prepare and administer all payroll functions to ensure efficient, accurate, and compliant processing
- Ensure compliance with GAAP standards and all relevant financial laws and regulations
- Support HR in all employee support functions including payroll
WE'RE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO BRING DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN:
- Strong working knowledge of financial management, financial data analysis, and budgeting
- Ability to develop and implement effective accounting policies, process, and workflows
- Scale our current systems to support our significant commercial growth
- Prepare summary slides for Fabric Genomics’ board and venture investors
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local accounting compliance regulations and reporting
- Expertise in SaaS offerings and start-up experience a plus
AND INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE RELEVANT EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- 5+ years experience as an Accounting or Finance Manager
- Professional accounting certification, including CPA, CFA, or CMA highly preferred
- Experience scaling accounting function
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Making a Difference - We are trailblazers, tenaciously deciphering human biology. Come join us to change patient care and to ensure precision medicine is the standard of care for all.
Benefits - Competitive compensation, including stock options, rich health benefit packages and premium coverage, time off and parental leave.
Fabric Genomics is an equal opportunity employer.