Field Application Scientist, Pre-Sales
Oakland or U.S. Remote /
Customer Success /
WHAT WE DO
Fabric Genomics is building a team of the best and brightest to help shape the future of personalized medicine. Our mission is to help clinicians apply the most relevant information from genome data to improve medical outcomes. We are on a relentless quest to diagnose patients faster utilizing artificial intelligence, and thus help them access personalized treatments for hereditary diseases and cancer. We are a thriving post-Series B company, supported by world-class investors and licensed by leading academic and clinical laboratories around the world. We are looking for individuals who want to join our mission to better understand genetics and save lives with our genomic analysis software and services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a key member of the Customer Success Team, the Field Application Scientist, Pre-Sales, you will collaborate with our Sales Team, delivering customer demos and supporting customer product evaluations. This role will be responsible for implementing, training, onboarding, and delivering in depth product evaluations, giving outstanding service to Fabric’s potential new customers using our genomic analysis software. You’ll need to learn the product quickly to deliver front-line support to users in the field. In addition, you will interface directly with leaders at top-tier health systems and clinical laboratories. In addition to the direct customer interaction, you’ll help define, document, and develop the support processes. With no two days being the same, you’ll have the ability to self-structure your days in coordination with the Sales team to answer customer questions in a very timely manner, triage and respond to emails and phone calls, and attend meetings with customers and with internal teams.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, and pilots.
- Develop customer facing content used for pilots and demos including presentations, and demonstration data.
- Participate in customer meetings and calls both directly with the customer and with internal teams.
- Build pre-sales support infrastructure, processes, and documentation.
- Conduct internal training for other Customer Success team members as well as provide ongoing knowledge sharing.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Handle general customer support issues as backup for the post-sales team.
- Troubleshoot customer issues including answering questions, logging issues, providing internal teams with specific examples of issues, and properly documenting issues through resolution.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO BRING DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN:
- Taking initiative, showing desire to learn and master skills, and seeking out opportunities and people that can help them grow.
- Multi-tasking, juggling many priorities, leveraging resources, and staying focused.
- Communicating (both written and verbal) in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Pursuing learning activities, taking risks to close skills gaps, and applying learning to new work challenges.
- Establishing well organized plans of action to complete work objectives effectively.
AND INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE RELEVANT EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics, Genetics or Molecular Biology required, advanced degree preferred
- FAS or Pre-Sales experience required (We’ll teach you the software!)
- Prior customer facing industry experience required
- Requires travel up to 10% for industry conferences (once safe to do so).
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Making a Difference - We are trailblazers, tenaciously deciphering human biology. Come join us to change patient care and to ensure precision medicine is the standard of care for all.
Location - Upon return to the office when it is safe to do so, we’re just 2 blocks from both the 12th St. and 19th St. BART stops in Oakland’s Uptown District. Next to great restaurants, art galleries and a business community. Just one block from Oakland’s Fox Theater.
Benefits - Competitive compensation, rich health benefit packages and premium coverage, time off and parental leave.
Fabric Genomics is an equal opportunity employer.