Office Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA
Facet is a close-knit team of engineers, visual creatives and machine learning experts based in San Francisco. Our thesis is simple: While media becomes increasingly personalized and topical, the process of creating art remains frustratingly manual. We use machine intelligence to amplify human creativity, allowing artists, designers, and creatives of every stripe to take control of their process and focus on exploration and art direction.
We have just launched our first product, a web-based ML-powered image editor, into private beta, and we're expanding our founding team in San Francisco. Facet is backed by Slow Ventures, Basis Set Ventures, South Park Commons, and a diverse group of designers, product thinkers, as well as AI engineers from Google Brain and Salesforce.
About the role
The office operations role is an opportunity to support multiple areas of Facet's early business including office management, recruiting, finance, and community building. Given the breadth of this role, we're looking for someone who is scrappy, dynamic, and can handle multiple projects at once.
You might be a fit if you
- Empathize with designers, artists, and visual creative workers.
- Enjoy helping teams and leaders across multiple areas of the business
- Have experience as an office manager, recruiting coordinator, and/or executive assistant
- Are excited about working closely with the entire team to deliver not only operational efficiency, but a healthy & happy company culture
Projects you might work on
- Own and manage office vendor relationships including communication with building management, snack delivery partner, and cleaning service provider
- Help maintain a healthy company culture. Scope and execute quarterly team events, holiday party, and celebrations around major life events for employees.
- Work with Facet's principal designer and broader team to coordinate swag design & execution
- Lead the ongoing office design project including selecting furniture and coordinating installation of various pieces
- Partner with recruiting to provide a strong Facet candidate experience. Schedule onsite interviews and facilitate smooth on-site interview experiences from start to finish.
- Document and coordinate company policies around expenses, health benefits, business travel, and reimbursements.
- Work with Facet's accounting firm to ensure proper bookkeeping measures are put in place.
- Partner with marketing and community teams to provide high quality event support for Facet's early community, partners, and customers
- Provide calendar scheduling assistance for CEO and leadership team
Why join us?
- AI for creative tools is something we at Facet believe very deeply in—as machine perception improves, we're truly at the cusp of a renaissance in new tools for visual artists.
- Facet is something that has the potential to become huge independent powerhouse, making creative work easier and more accessible for folks of all stripes, and we’re the right team for this problem.
- We are highly technical and we are backed by AI and product experts from Google Brain, Salesforce Metamind and FAIR. Joe founded two successful companies prior to Facet: Metamarkets was acquired by Snap last year and Premise has expanded to provide basic income and data services to underserved communities in over 30 different countries. Matt has deep expertise in computer graphics and machine learning, and previously led the engineering team at Operator.
- As a member of the founding team, you’ll have a significant influence on our product and we're top 1% in equity compensation for our early employees. We’re going to make mistakes, we’re going to write and rewrite a ton of code, and we’re going to struggle with product direction and market development. We’re being upfront because above all else we value honest communication and collaboration. There is no other way to successfully navigate a seed stage business. By working together, we can go farther, faster, and accomplish more than any of us could by ourselves.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Comprehensive health coverage and we cover 100% of your premiums.
- Maternal/paternal leave.
- Build your own work environment: customize your laptop and desk setup with any peripheral or accessory you'd like.
- Order any work-related books on the company's Amazon account.
- Flexible working hours: we have daily team stand-ups, but we understand if you work better when you're not tethered to your desk.
- Relocation assistance.
- Commuter benefits including a monthly ride-sharing stipend.
Working at Facet
Facet powers visual storytelling at scale through creative and supportive AI.
Consensus goals, independent execution. We value collaboration on goal setting and technical/company direction while giving individuals latitude and ownership over how these goals are achieved.
Marathon, not a sprint. Creative AI is a rapidly blooming space, so we need to move quickly to build product and grow our market. We all juggle multiple roles and we’re in it for the long haul. At the same time, we understand downtime is important. We don’t have an explicit vacation policy, but unlike other startups we expect you to gauge your level of stress and take one when you need it.
Sane experimentation. We're exploring new territory and building a new product category. We need to experiment and try new things while maintaining a stable foundation for our future work. Our product should make the world better, and we shouldn't break anything we’re not sure we can fix. Facet is partnering with artists and designers to develop a powerful, ethical approach to our technology, democratizing artistic expression in a safe, responsible way.
Creative + technical. Facet is about making technology a partner in the creative process. We enjoy product design, engineering, and research—but also photography, music, art, and cooking.
Diverse backgrounds. We’re solving a completely new problem and need a diverse set of viewpoints and voices to fully understand its scope and extent. We’re building a company and culture that can responsibly and respectfully integrate a plurality of voices.
Tea and baked goods. We’re really into tea and baking & think these are good things. You might disagree with us (cf. “diverse ideas”), but you should be aware.