Software Architect – Front End
San Francisco, CA /
Full Time, Remote
Join an early stage fintech that's modernizing financial processes and visibility for a wide range of businesses.
Facta exists because accounting professionals at medium sized businesses are tragically under served by existing software. Hours to days of accountant time is wasted every month in spreadsheets, manually processing transactions that their general ledger system can't handle. Together we can empower accounting and finance professionals by building tools that directly replace their most common and time-consuming workflows and work the way they expect.
Our founders hail from leading accounting services, investment groups, and fintech companies. Now we're growing our team looking for a diverse group of brilliant, driven, passionate and compassionate people to help solidify our company culture and turbocharge our product development.
About The Role
Our software architects help to determine the technical direction of an engineering domain. The front end architect will steer the team towards modern web development practices, lead major technology decisions, and mentor other engineers.
We hold ourselves to a high engineering standard while also earning the finance domain knowledge to continuously ensure that we're addressing the real life requirements of customers.
Day to day
- Leading, building, and testing product features in the Facta web application, taking into consideration tradeoffs between speed, risk, and long-term maintenance.
- Monitoring and fine-tuning the web application's build and deploy processes.
- Evaluating and adjusting the team's development process, leading by example and then codifying best practices around change management, code review, etc.
- Proactively identifying and carrying out performance optimizations and UX improvements to the product.
- Collaborating with back end developers on REST API structure.
You will report to the head of engineering.
- A proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with a long-term impact on a single system or team.
- Deep knowledge and experience with one or more of Angular, React, Vue, Elm, or other modern web frameworks.
- Strong grasp of CS principles and a desire and capacity to share them with teammates.
- History of creating or updating new processes or tools to increase developer productivity.
Technology we use
- AWS: S3, Lambda, APIGateway, and RDS.
What To Expect
We'll first schedule half hour to 45 minute interviews with 2 or more founders. These will be to learn about you, your experience, and what makes you tick, and to help give you a firm grasp of Facta's values, vision, products, and plans.
Next you'll move to a technical evaluation with the head of engineering. This will be a one hour session with more in-depth technical discussion of your past projects, and a live coding challenge.
All interviews are carried out over zoom, and we'll ask that you share your screen during live coding time. We'll get back to you within 48 hours after interviews.