Product Engineering Tech Lead
San Francisco, CA /
Full Time, Remote
Join an early stage fintech that's modernizing financial processes and visibility for a wide range of businesses.
Facta exists because accounting professionals at medium sized businesses are tragically under served by existing software. Hours to days of accountant time is wasted every month in spreadsheets, manually processing transactions that their general ledger system can't handle.
Together we can empower accounting and finance professionals by building tools that directly replace their most common and time-consuming workflows and work the way they expect.
Our founders hail from leading accounting services, investment groups, and fintech companies. Now we're growing our team looking for a diverse group of brilliant, driven, passionate and compassionate people to help solidify our company culture and turbocharge our product development.
About The Role
As a product tech lead, you will lead, build, and own financial products. That means spending time with the head of product to understand the customers' problems, assisting in product and engineering design, and organizing and working alongside other engineers to build and ship it.
Day to day
- Writing and reviewing code to push feature development forward on new projects.
- Designing technical approaches from a customer problem description.
- Connecting with the head of product to demo new updates and hear the latest customer feedback.
- Monitoring and instrumenting production applications for availability and correct functioning.
You will report to the head of engineering.
- A proven track record of leading development of customer facing products.
- Fluent in financial terminology, and experience in financial or fintech companies.
- Capabilities across the stack, from front end to back, and with schema design and code architecture thrown in.
- A natural collaborator - you'd rather rub shoulders with a team of peers than be the lone hero.
- Experience with Go, React, Typescript, and/or PostgreSQL.
Technologies we use today
- AWS: S3, Lambda, APIGateway, and RDS.
What To Expect
We'll first schedule half hour to 45 minute interviews with 2 or more founders. These will be to learn about you, your experience, and what makes you tick, and to help give you a firm grasp of Facta's values, vision, products, and plans.
Next you'll move to a technical evaluation with the head of engineering. This will be a one hour session with more in-depth technical discussion of your past projects, and a live coding challenge.
All interviews are carried out over zoom, and we'll ask that you share your screen during live coding time. We'll get back to you within 48 hours after interviews.