San Francisco, CA /
Full Time, Remote
Facta provides automated financial solutions to small- and medium-sized enterprises, primarily in the SaaS industry. We’ve developed an extremely profitable and fast-growing operational platform that turns our customers’ finance departments from a cost center into a growth engine. We serve the “Subscription Economy”, which is massive, and expected to double to $1.6T by 2025. The majority of companies in this sector struggle with the data-intensive nature of their financial operation. Our solutions solve critical business issues related to growth and funding, but using technology that delivers top-quality results at a fraction of the cost.
Our mission is to fundamentally change the way subscription-based companies process and report financial information by building automated software that delivers next-generation financial insights. We have already built an extremely high-quality customer base, including the portfolios of every top-tier VC in the US, and marquee companies, like Ramp (fintech) and AppOmni (security), that have gained significant scale during our partnership. Our customers are highly satisfied with our solutions, and we are maintaining a net revenue retention growth rate that exceeds Snowflake. Our current growth profile suggests we will hit our goal to produce $10M of ARR in 2023, and $100M of ARR by 2025.
Our founders are seasoned professionals whose experience spans private equity investing, accounting/finance operations and FinTech at leading companies, including Affirm, American Express, and Entrata. We are working hard to create an ambitious yet fun and friendly culture that values love, diversity, excellence, honesty, and thoughtfulness. We are looking for new colleagues who will share our passion and commitment for growing our organization and serving our customers the best we can.
We are looking for a Data Analyst/Scientist who will lead the development of our flagship SaaS product, a SaaS & Financial Metrics reporting tool from a data perspective. The ideal candidate is adept at all aspects of building a data function from architecting databases that can scale to using BI tools (in our case, Sigma) to create complex visual representation for our customers' analytical needs.
As one of our first 20 employees, you will have the opportunity to play a major role in creating the core elements of our company. We need someone who is gifted analytically and who has enough data science background to help architect and grow our data talented and dedicated enough to be a thought leader who owns the data aspects of a technically-complex product alongside a group of experienced engineers, financiers, and accountants.
- Work closely with our Product and Customer Service teams to understand the operational and financial metrics needed by Facta’s customers
- Identify data sources and automate data collection processes including preprocessing both structured and unstructured data
- Create and launch new metrics, visualizations, dashboards, and reports into our front end
- Support strategic API integrations from a data schema, availability, and capabilities standpoint
- Collaborate with the CEO and Head of Engineering as a cross-functional team member to assist in developing data strategies, schemas, etc.
- Assist all departments with internal reporting requests writing custom reports, migrating data, and building out low-code solutions
- Own Facta’s internal reporting metrics and become an expert with our data warehouse, BI reporting tools, and finding ways to continually improve our business insights and operations
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Proven experience as a Data Analyst/Data Scientist/Data Engineer
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a technical field like engineering, math, physics, statistics or similar field with computer science coursework or minor
- Extremely proficient with tools such as SQL, R, and Python; etc.
- Strong experience with BI tools like Sigma, Looker, Tableau, etc. and ability to visually represent data effectively for decision-making
- Excellent communicator with strong, succinct writing skills
- Analytical mind, aptitude for problem-solving, and good business acumen
- Strong math skills
- 15-30 minute video call to assess mutual interest
- Meet co-founders via video
- Meet relevant product, and engineering stakeholders via video
- Final round with CEO in person (San Francisco or Utah)
Sigma, DBT, PostgreSQL, Snowflake (coming soon), AWS (S3, Lambda, API Gateway) React, Go