Machine Learning Engineer
Who We Are:
Factored (an AI Fund Portfolio company) was conceived in Palo Alto, California by Andrew Ng and a team of highly experienced AI researchers, educators, and engineers to help address the significant shortage of qualified AI & Machine-Learning engineers globally. We know that exceptional technical aptitude, intelligence, communication skills, and passion are equally distributed around the world, and we are very committed to testing, vetting, and nurturing the most talented engineers for our program and on behalf of our clients.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. You will drive the development of AI products for external clients and internal efforts and also will participate firsthand in the development of a top-notch AI.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead the ideation, prototyping, and development AI softwares.
- Develop and deploy high-quality proof of concept projects with a variety of first customer partners.
- Rapid development of high performance ML models for deployment to production.
- Drive continual performance improvements and iterate on the product offering.
- Develop innovative NLP approaches for novel applications where good solutions do not currently exist and work creatively to come up with the optimal systems to solve customer’s most burning needs.
- Be part of a dynamic, fast growing team as a founding employee.
- Participate in the development and direction of the company’s evolution and product roadmap.
What You Must Bring:
- Strong background in machine learning and NLP.
- Able to launch and lead new ML application projects in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong coding ability--you must be able to write clean, modular, efficient code.
- Experience deploying software at scale is a plus.
- An advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field is a plus.
- Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions while doing so with the highest regard for integrity.
- Leadership: able to influence others to follow you and lead the team to a brighter future.
- Grit. able to stick with projects and work hard through good and bad times. High pain tolerance and can perform well under stress or pressure.
- Scrappy: Takes initiative and proactively gets things done with low resources, but doing creative things, begging, borrowing, and whatever is needed in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Ownership orientation: Demonstrated orientation of extreme ownership over all aspects of the company and extremely results-driven in nature.
At Factored, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.