Who We Are:
Factored (an AI Fund Portfolio company) was conceived in Palo Alto, California by Andrew Ng and a team of highly experienced AI researchers, educators, and engineers to help address the significant shortage of qualified AI & Machine-Learning engineers globally. We know that exceptional technical aptitude, intelligence, communication skills, and passion are equally distributed around the world, and we are very committed to testing, vetting, and nurturing the most talented engineers for our program and on behalf of our clients.
We are currently looking for a talented MLOps/DevOps Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible to lead scaling efforts for internal projects, and work side by side with engineers deploying different applications in different development stages. You will not only lead best practices for deployment but also you will help with the architecture design of projects from the very first moment.
What you will be doing:
- Help engineering teams to design the best architecture solutions for software, data engineering, and machine learning products.
- Lead optimization efforts using DevOps practices for projects across different industries.
- Ensure best practices to deploy and maintain the infrastructure for internal and external projects.
- Identify and execute automation opportunities in the software development life cycle at Factored.
- Administrate some of the company tools to ensure high-security standards without affecting productivity.
- Define internal policies to keep infrastructure/data safe and ready to be used in production.
What you must bring:
- 2-5 years of experience working in platform engineering, software product deployment, and API integration.
- Must have hands-on experience in developing modern-software-deployment-flow and advanced knowledge of tools such as Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, and Kubernetes.
- Must have experience managing cloud-based work environments and storage systems such as AWS (EKS), Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Previous experiences scaling API from proof of concept (POC) to handle substantial traffic.
- Must have hands-on experience in building development, testing, and deployment flow.
- Must be able to independently create a continuous integration system that automates unit-testing, integration-testing, and pre-deployment testing.
- Must have a good understanding of service-based software architecture.
- Must be able to write clean and efficient code, and have a deep understanding of CI/CD.
- Strong communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience building microservices.
- Experience with Sagemaker to create, train, and deploy machine learning models in the cloud.
- Experience working with startups from an early stage.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming is a big plus.
At Factored, we believe that passionate, smart people expect honesty and transparency, as well as the freedom to do the best work of their lives while learning and growing as much as possible. Great people enjoy working with other passionate, smart people, so we believe in hiring right, and are very selective about who joins our team. Once we hire you, we will invest in you and support your career and professional growth in many meaningful ways. We hire people who are supremely intelligent and talented, but we recognize that intelligence is not enough. Perhaps more importantly, we look for those who are also passionate about our mission and are honest, diligent, collaborative, kind to others, and fun to be around. Life is too short to work with people who don’t inspire you.
We are a transparent workplace, where EVERYBODY has a voice in building OUR company, and where learning and growth is available to everyone based on their merits, not just on stamps on their resume. As impressive as some of the stamps on our resumes are, we recognize that human talent and passion exist everywhere, and come from many backgrounds, so stamps matter much less than results. All of us are dedicated doers and are highly energetic, focusing vehemently on execution because we know that the best learning happens by doing. We recognize that we are creating OUR COMPANY TOGETHER, which is not only a high-performing fast-growing business, but is changing the way the world perceives the quality of technical talent in Latin America. We are fueled by the great positive impact we are making in the places where we do business, and are committed to accelerating careers and investing in hundreds (and hopefully thousands) of highly talented data science engineers and data analysts.
In short, our business is about people, so we hire the best people and invest as much as possible in making them fall in love with their work, their learning, and their mission. When not nerding out on data science, we love to make music together, play sports, play games, dance salsa, cook delicious food, brew the best coffee, throw the best parties, and generally have a great time with each other.