Who We Are:
Factored (an AI Fund Portfolio company) was conceived in Palo Alto, California by Andrew Ng and a team of highly experienced AI researchers, educators, and engineers to help address the significant shortage of qualified AI & Machine-Learning engineers globally. We know that exceptional technical aptitude, intelligence, communication skills, and passion are equally distributed around the world, and we are very committed to testing, vetting, and nurturing the most talented engineers for our program and on behalf of our clients.
We are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Data Scientist to join our team. You will be responsible for conducting data science research and quantitative performance evaluation on models for our several clients. Since you’ll be working with an early-stage startup, you’ll need to be able to wear multiple hats and thrive while working in a dynamic environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Analyze several datasets and gather insight’s using both descriptive and predictive modeling.
- Use knowledge of and experience with modern data science and machine learning models including Convolutional Neural Network architectures, Gaussian processes, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines.
- Conduct quantitative performance evaluation of different machine learning models as well as feature importance analysis to give actionable insights to our clients as well as our internal teams.
- Working close to customers and engineering teams understanding their needs and being able to build models to solve customer’s business related questions/challenges.
What You Must Bring:
- General coding using any language preferably Python or R. You should be able to code non-trivial functions in object-oriented programming.
- Mathematics (including probabilities and statistics.) You should be able to use mathematical notation and linear algebra (matrix/vector operations, dot products, etc.), and understand basic probability theory (distributions, independence, density functions, etc.) as well as statistics (mean, variance, median, quantiles, co-variance, etc.).
- You should be able to understand major machine learning methods.
- Implementation. You should have prior experience taking a dataset, cleaning it if necessary, analyzing it statistically and applying a learning algorithm to it to get a result.
- A degree in computer science, statistics, operations research, mathematics, or in a specific discipline including educational measurement, workforce readiness and skills development is a big plus.
- Strong written and oral communication in English.
Nice To Have:
- Experience shipping Machine Learning products.
- Experience handling Excel Plugins and integrations with languages such as python or R.
- Experience working with startups from an early stage.
- MSc, PHd in computer science, statistics, mathematics, operations research or related fields.
- Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions while doing so with the highest regard for integrity.
- Leadership: able to influence others to follow you and lead the team to a brighter future.
- Grit. able to stick with projects and work hard through good and bad times. High pain tolerance and can perform well under stress or pressure.
- Scrappy: Takes initiative and proactively gets things done with low resources, but doing creative things, begging, borrowing, and whatever is needed in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Ownership orientation: Demonstrated orientation of extreme ownership over all aspects of the company and extremely results-driven in nature.
At Factored, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.