Data Engineering Training Program
Training Program /
Who We Are:
Factored was conceived in Palo Alto, California by Andrew Ng and a team of highly experienced AI researchers, educators, and engineers to help address the significant shortage of qualified AI, machine learning, and data science engineers globally. We know that exceptional technical aptitude, intelligence, communication skills, and passion are equally distributed around the world, and we are committed to vetting, selecting, and nurturing the most talented engineers on behalf of our clients.
About The Training Program:
We are bringing the best educational resources from Silicon Valley to Latin America. We have successfully completed Machine Learning Engineering Programs in the past and in September 2021 we will be launching our brand new Data Engineering Program.
Our reason for creating a Data Engineering Program? It’s become apparent that the demand for Data Engineers has increased dramatically in recent years. The amount of data being produced has never been higher and will only continue to increase. To make use of this data, Data Engineers are absolutely vital and so we want to help train and educate a new generation of highly skilled and qualified Data Engineers, just as we have done with Machine Learning Engineers in our previous programs.
Our recruiting process is highly selective; we’re always looking for the best talent. Our immersive, full-time training in Data Engineering is a 3-month program and upon completion, we offer selected trainees full-time job opportunities to work on cutting-edge data driven projects. Better still, the training program comes with no upfront costs for trainees and we even pay a monthly stipend to cover trainees’ living costs.
What You Can Expect:
Our team is composed of data engineering experts, educators, and industry leaders. We’ve designed a curriculum that aims to make engineers industry-ready in 3 months. The Data Engineering Program comprises 3 components:
1. Online content with extended discussions, assignments, and weekly projects.
2. Literature review.
3. Capstone projects based on real-world problems and datasets that meticulously adhere to good practices in development.
Our program is optimally designed to cover the technical challenges behind Data Engineering, from the foundations behind learning algorithms to the computational challenges to build and scale successful data pipelines in real-world scenarios.
Who Should Apply To The Training Program:
- People with the desire to transition to Data engineering. You might be a good fit if you are a junior data engineer, a data analyst, a machine learning engineer, or a backend developer wanting to transition to data engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, or other engineering fields.
- Proven passion for data-related problems, reflected in any of the following: work experience, personal projects, theses, articles, publications, conferences, and other Data-related projects.
- Strong Computer Science and Database foundations.
- Strong problem solvers and quick learners.
- Basic understanding and experience with Backend Development.
- Proficiency in any programming language and SQL.
- Good communication skills in English.
- 1+ years of professional experience (Data Related Projects, BackEnd, Researching).
- Python/Scala is a plus.
- Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop are a plus.
- Cloud Computing is a plus.
Nice to have but not mandatory:
When Does The Program Start?
- It starts in September 2021 and will run for approximately 3 months.
- This is a fully remote training program.
How Much Does The Program Cost?
- Factored does not charge upfront; we pay a monthly stipend for our scholars, and if they successfully complete the program, we offer them full-time employment. When joining the training program, you will agree to sign a blank promissory note with the equivalent amount of the training program investment. However, if you remain a Factored employee for 3 years, the entire training cost is considered to have been repaid.
What Is The Admission Process?
- Candidates need to complete an online application.
- Candidates who pass the resume screening will receive two invitations by email to complete two different tests: Test #1 Algorithmic Coding: Duration: 2 hours & Test #2 SQL querying: Duration: 2 hours. Both tests will be available between August 4th and August 11th, 2021.
- You will receive study material to help you to prepare for the assessment.
- Candidates who pass the assessment stage will receive instructions for the tech interview.
- Candidates who pass the above stages will receive instructions for the cultural fit interview with our CEO, Israel Niezen.
At Factored, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.