Future Machine Learning Training Program
Training Program /
Pre-apply for our next program to indicate your interest
Who We Are:
Andrew Ng and a team of highly experienced AI researchers, educators, and engineers conceived Factored (an AI Fund Portfolio company) with the primary goal of addressing the significant shortage of qualified analysts and engineers in the data space. LATAM is well known for the exceptional technical aptitude, intelligence, communication skills, and passion of their analysts and engineers. Factored’s commitment is in testing, vetting, and nurturing the most talented engineers for our training program and on behalf of our clients.
About The Training Program:
Factored brings to LATAM the best educational resources in AI directly from Silicon Valley. Our training program has already delivered four cohorts of engineers and will be launching another one in 2022. Factored provides a 3-month full-time training in AI and offers selected Trainees full-time job opportunities to work on cutting-edge AI projects. The training program comes with no upfront costs. Additionally, we pay a monthly stipend to cover your living costs while on training.
What You Can Expect:
Members of our training team include: AI experts, educators, and industry AI leaders. The training program content aims at making engineers industry-ready in 3 months. The key to our program success is a philosophy centered around learning by doing. More specifically the program entails:
1. Online content with extended discussions, assignments and weekly projects.
2. Guided hands-on projects based on state-of-the-art approaches to ML.
3. Capstone projects based on challenging real-world problems.
4. Workshops and talks.
The training program covers the technical challenges behind AI, from the algorithmic foundations up to the computational challenges to build and scale successful AI systems in real-world problems.
Who should apply to the training program:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, applied Mathematics, Data Science, Economics or other engineering fields.
- Proven passion for AI/ML/DL/Data Science, reflected in any of the following: work experience, personal projects, theses, articles, publications, conferences and other ML related projects.
- Strong Math, Calculus, Linear Algebra and Statistics foundations.
- Strong problem solvers and quick learners.
- Msc or Higher is a plus.
- 2+ years of working experience (DS, SW Engineering, Data Analytics, Researching).
- Outstanding communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in any programming language. Python is a plus.
When does the training program start:
- Starting date to be defined. You will receive all the information and updates by email.
- The program will run for approximately 3 months.
- Remote training program.
How much does the training program cost?
- Factored does not charge upfront; we pay a monthly stipend for our scholars, and if they successfully complete the program, we offer them full-time employment. When joining the training program, you will agree to sign a blank promissory note with the equivalent amount of the training program investment. However, if you remain a Factored employee for 2.5 years, the entire training cost is considered to have been repaid.
What is the admission process?
- Candidates need to complete online applications.
- Candidates who pass the resume screen will receive an online technical test.
- Qualified candidates will receive instructions for tech interviews.
At Factored, we believe that passionate, smart people expect honesty and transparency, as well as the freedom to do the best work of their lives while learning and growing as much as possible. Great people enjoy working with other passionate, smart people, so we believe in hiring right, and are very selective about who joins our team. Once we hire you, we will invest in you and support your career and professional growth in many meaningful ways. We hire people who are supremely intelligent and talented, but we recognize that intelligence is not enough. Perhaps more importantly, we look for those who are also passionate about our mission and are honest, diligent, collaborative, kind to others, and fun to be around. Life is too short to work with people who don’t inspire you.
We are a transparent workplace, where EVERYBODY has a voice in building OUR company, and where learning and growth is available to everyone based on their merits, not just on stamps on their resume. As impressive as some of the stamps on our resumes are, we recognize that human talent and passion exist everywhere, and come from many backgrounds, so stamps matter much less than results. All of us are dedicated doers and are highly energetic, focusing vehemently on execution because we know that the best learning happens by doing. We recognize that we are creating OUR COMPANY TOGETHER, which is not only a high-performing fast-growing business, but is changing the way the world perceives the quality of technical talent in Latin America. We are fueled by the great positive impact we are making in the places where we do business, and are committed to accelerating careers and investing in hundreds (and hopefully thousands) of highly talented data science engineers and data analysts.
In short, our business is about people, so we hire the best people and invest as much as possible in making them fall in love with their work, their learning, and their mission. When not nerding out on data science, we love to make music together, play sports, play games, dance salsa, cook delicious food, brew the best coffee, throw the best parties, and generally have a great time with each other.