Python Backend Engineer - Copenhagen
As a Falcon Python Backend Engineer, you will help build, scale and improve the backend of a fast growing Customer Experience platform. You will aid us in building a real time, scalable, stable platform serving thousands of clients in a reliable and performant manner. You will be using new technologies, to solve hard problems in a friendly and encouraging work environment. You will also be encouraged to share your experience and knowledge, sparring with your colleagues to grow together!
What you'll do:
- Help design and improve our services whilst helping us adopt best practices
- Perform data engineering tasks, maintain and expand upon existing data science pipeline, serve Falcon's NLP functionality
- Write elegant, self testing, well documented code
- Be mindful of the business - by communicating with your colleagues and management, help us ensure that we’re building the right thing at the right time
What we are looking for:
- Good knowledge of Python, especially Python3 and libraries such as: Flask, Requests, Celery, SQLAlchemy
- Experience with relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. ElasticSearch, Redis) databases
- Good knowledge of RESTful APIs, their design and implementation
- Experience with Kafka for data pipeline, pub/sub
- Experience with building and/or running large-scale applications on a PaaS/SaaS cloud, preferably AWS
- Experience with building scalable data processing pipelines
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization a big plus
- Understanding of data flows, volumes and grasp of data science preferably with NLP
- English language fluency
What you can expect from us:
- You will join a multinational, open and informal work environment.
- Work at a central location in Copenhagen (the home of the best craft beer and bicycle lanes in Europe, also the most liveable city on the planet!)
- Assistance for relocation if not currently living in Denmark
- Get a high level of responsibility, work with the newest technologies, and have room for experimentation
- Choose your own gear (laptop & phone)
- Pension and health insurance
- Healthy lunch and drinks daily
- Healthy, and not so healthy, snacks. We take our candy seriously!
- Friday bars and other social events
The R&D team, in general, are a bunch of geeks who like having fun and are good at celebrating achievements. Apart from team outings and activities, we also invite guest speakers from different fields of expertise as we believe in gaining knowledge beyond software and IT.
Along with that, you’ll also get to:
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. As a member of the R&D department, that means plenty of challenging engineering tasks, complex UIs to simplify and data, loads of data.
Founded as Falcon Social in Copenhagen in 2010, we now also have offices in New York City, Berlin, Budapest, Sofia and Melbourne. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
For any questions regarding this position, please write us on email@example.com.