Senior Product Designer
Are you serious about your designs – but don’t take yourself too seriously – and want to work in a design team that is constantly evolving?
Do you have an open personality that enjoys being part of a team where discussions take place, where people challenge and support each other while learning together on a daily basis? Do you see the devil in the details, but also understand the bigger picture?
A broad skill set and a curious mind
As a product designer at Falcon.io, you will get the design responsibility for one of our products. This means you will need to have a broad skill set and a diverse interest in all aspects of the design process. From the initial user research and prototyping to stakeholder validation and doing the final designs using our shared design system. It also means that you thrive on your ‘final designs’ being just the first step in an iterative process towards customer validation.
Still with me? Great! Then you might be the person we are looking for. Let's get a bit more specific and find out.
Day-to-day, you will be working closely with a PM and a team of engineers in one of our agile product teams. All teams share the mission of building a world-class platform that solves the human problems of our users. This shared mission creates a great environment for all of us to learn and evolve together.
The design team
Besides being embedded in a product team, you will also be an important part of our overall design team. The team collaborates across offices, does regular design critiques, design sprints, and always seeks to evolve our ways of collaboration.
We travel to conferences together and are involved with various events for the Copenhagen design community. We host design meetups from Dribbble to UX writing and have screened design movies from InVision and Stefan Sagmeister. We have great internal facilities for doing these events as well as a central location just across the street from Tivoli.
Unicorns exist - just like Santa ;-)
Product Designers at Falcon.io have a broad design interest and skill set. However, we all have different spikes in competencies, so while we are looking for a person with a broad design profile, we don’t expect you to be an expert in all areas.
No individual person can be an all-areas expert so our focus is on building and maintaining a strong, united design team which, as a whole, covers all grounds as a unicorn team. This approach ensures realistic expectations for all individual team members and provides a development framework in which each person can continuously advance on all accounts.
How do I apply?
Below is a list of the qualifications you will need to become a successful product designer at Falcon.io. We prefer curious designers with strong problem-solving skills and a realistic view of their own capabilities.
If you choose to apply, please address your level of experience in each of the below areas. Keep in mind, we don’t expect you to be an expert on all accounts but prefer a realistic self-assessment.
When applying, please remember to include examples of your previous work.
What will I be doing:
- Solving complex human problems together with a fantastic team.
- Taking a lead role in owning the design of 1 product in the Falcon platform.
- Having an open design process and proactively involve stakeholders.
- Qualitative and quantitative research.
- Validating ideas, prototypes and final designs with customers.
- Creating great flows that are visually appealing and enable a great user experience.
- Designing using our shared design system and contributing to evolving it.
- Practising design thinking and teaching the approach to your product teammates.
- Being a part of the broader design team, actively participating in design sprints, critique sessions, team huddles, events etc.
Skills we value for this position:
- Experience owning the full cycle of a product design process.
- UI design experience preferably from doing web Apps.
- UX design skills ranging from user research, simple prototyping (InVision or similar) to customer interviews and validation.
- Experience working with design systems.
- Familiarity with modern design patterns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Self-driven, autonomous work attitude, but also a collaborative team player
We don’t expect you to be an expert on all accounts but prefer a realistic self-assessment. When applying, please remember to include examples of your previous work.
What we offer:
- Create a personal career development plan with our senior design leaders.
- Talented peers and leaders to learn with and from.
- High level of responsibility, room for experimentation.
- Great work-life balance.
- Working at a central location in Copenhagen.
- A multinational, diverse, open and informal work environment.
- Pension and health insurance.
- Healthy lunch and drinks.
- Healthy and not so healthy snacks. We take our candy seriously :)
- Friday bars, social events, access to foosball, ping pong etc.
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. As a member of the R&D department, that means plenty of challenging engineering tasks, complex UIs to simplify and data, loads of data.
Founded as Falcon Social in Copenhagen in 2010, we now also have offices in New York City, Berlin, Budapest, Sofia and Melbourne. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.