As a Financial Accountant at Falcon.io, you will help build the finance and operational structure for a fast moving company with an international focus. You’ll be part of a team of 12 employees in the global finance department, with colleagues in our Copenhagen HQ, Sofia, and New York City offices. You’ll report directly to the Finance Director in Copenhagen.
Your tasks will enable you to gain experience with our accounting and financial reporting processes for the parent company in Denmark, and for the subsidiaries in the US, Germany, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Australia. A key component of the role will be helping to optimize processes that impact the entire organization. As such, you will have the opportunity to interact with, and collect insights from, all departments and locations in the company.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate the accounting and financial reporting for the Bulgarian and Hungarian entities in conjunction with the local accounting consultants (TMF Group)
- Perform daily bookkeeping and related tasks such as processing accounts payable, reconciling bank accounts, and investigating budget to actual variances for the entire group
- Play an integral role in the month-end close and reporting process for the entire group
- Assist with the collection of receivables from customers around the world
- Participate in the optimization of finance processes across departments and entities
- Create analytical insights and reports for Management on an ad-hoc basis
What you have:
- You like to think analytically and fulfil tasks in a detail-oriented way
- You are an outgoing and fast learner who enjoys proactively tackling problems
- You have a relevant bachelor level, or higher, degree and 2 - 3 years experience in a similar role
- You possess a strong understanding of general accounting principles and are comfortable with standard month-end close procedures such as cost accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis
- You have experience working with common ERP & Accounting Systems - Experience with NetSuite is preferred but not required
- Excellent English skills - company language is English
What we offer:
- Deep and varied experience working in a modern and fast paced company with an international focus and the opportunity to develop a diverse set of finance and accounting skills
- High responsibility and excellent career possibilities
- Open, informal and diverse working environment
- Friday bars and other social events
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.