Junior Java Engineer - Sofia
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Junior Java Engineer to join our team here in Sofia!
As a Falcon backend software engineer, you will help build, scale and improve the backend of a fast growing Customer Experience platform. You will aid us in building a real time, scalable, stable platform serving thousands of clients in a reliable and performant manner. You will be using new technologies, to solve hard problems in a friendly and encouraging work environment. You will also be encouraged to share your experience and knowledge, sparring with your colleagues to grow together!
What you'll do:
- Help design, implement and improve our services while helping us adopt best practices
- Write elegant, self-testing, well documented code
- Be mindful of the business - by communicating with your colleagues and management, help us ensure that we’re building the right thing at the right time
- Strong desire in learning new technologies and high motivation for self-improvement are a must
- Excellent knowledge in software development foundations and OOP
- Good knowledge of Java
- Familiarity with relational databases
- English language fluency
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, their design and implementation
- Knowledge of NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis) databases
- Familiarity with functional programming foundations
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization
- Some experience with building and/or running large-scale applications on a PaaS/SaaS cloud, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with Spring
What we offer:
- Internal tech talks, skills-building resources and technical people leads who help you achieve mastery
- Open, informal and multinational working environment
- High level of responsibility and excellent career opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Breakfast, lunch, drinks and healthy snacks daily
- Social events like Friday Bar, company outings and more
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Founded as Falcon Social in Copenhagen in 2010, we now also have offices in New York City, Berlin, Budapest and Sofia. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.