Site Reliability Engineer - Sofia
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help build, scale, maintain and improve the infrastructure of a fast growing Customer Experience platform. You will aid us in delivering a real time, scalable, stable platform serving thousands of clients in a reliable and performant manner.
You will be using new technologies, to solve hard problems in a friendly and encouraging work environment. You will also be encouraged to share your experience and knowledge, sparring with your colleagues to grow together!
What you'll do
- Support the Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud infrastructure, production and non production
- Follow good practices of infrastructure as a code
- Write elegant, self testing and well documented solutions
- Be mindful of the business - by communicating with your colleagues and management, help us ensure that we’re building the right thing at the right time
- Understand the complete stack and confidently uses the tool chain
- Take active part in sprint planning
- Make yourself heard. If you have knowledge, share it. Use your skills to move the company forward
- Enable less experienced colleagues through sparring and mentoring
- The position requires that sometimes you remain on-call when emergencies occur, including after business hours, weekends and holidays.
What you have
- 5+ years at a similar role with solid development experience
- Expert knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Expert knowledge of Docker containers and container orchestration tools, such as Rancher/Kubernetes
- Strong Linux background, preferably Debian/Ubuntu
- Provide tools like AWS, CLI, ChatOps etc. for the team and external stakeholders, removing friction and repetitiveness from your colleagues
- Experience with an orchestration tool such as Ansible
- Strong experience in Shell scripting (preferably Bash)
- Programming experience with Python and/or Go
- Knowledge of monitoring systems such as CollectD/StatsD, Grafana; Graylog/ELK for logs
- Knowledge of web proxies such as haproxy and nginx
- Knowledge of networking- VPNs(OpenVPN), firewalls, routing and switching
- The ability to be self-driving and a critical thinker
- English language fluency
What we offer
- Internal tech talks, skills-building resources and technical people leads who help you achieve mastery
- Open, informal and multinational working environment
- High level of responsibility and excellent career opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social events like Friday Bar, company outings and more
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We now have offices in Copenhagen, New York, Berlin, Budapest and Sofia. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Founded in 2010, we’re perhaps too mature now to still call ourselves a startup. But we’ve retained our startup ethos of encouraging autonomy, ambition, boldness and experimentation. Working in this kind of environment is a very rewarding choice, but it also requires a certain personality. We value open people who take initiative and aren’t afraid to fail, learn from mistakes, adjust, and try new things.